TD ben's Twin Engine "nascar" runs low 8s ! shooting for 7s next time

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
More work on the Twin engine "nascar". We machined the hubs to a Nascar style wheel compatible version. The wheels will be proper to the style of chassis. Also allowed bigger and taller slicks for more traction

uploadfromtaptalk1433464114914.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433464121073.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433464128227.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433464133357.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433464139699.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
id be more inclined to believe he roached a sprag.

and iirc he went to a stock converter so it could be the turbine sprag is shot so it could just be a converter.

then again burnouts of fat rubber would probably shock any number of things.

do a quick test. start the rear and immediately put it into gear within 1 second of startup. if you roll a few feet then loose all oomph, it probably the turbine sprag.

ive dealt with two of em. both times the clue was that it would only move for a short time immediately after startup before the turbine could start slipping/spinning

iss speed would rise and fall with the acceleration but stay at 0 (the driven systems functioning, chain stationary, turbine shaft not turning....

id half venture it's probably worth the inefficiencies on the back half to just do a spragless hub (weld it) and see how that goes...you be able to pedal it in/out of power without shocking the sprag by making it lock/unlock/lock doing so.

what do your logs show for the ISS/crank rpm at the break?

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
I think the big problem is my 2nd gear starts. It works for the front because limited traction will not shock the drivetrain and let it slip.

As for the trans... after the breakage it would still shift and hold 50 to 100 hp or so. Then after reaching the trailer it would not go in drive or park but reverse workedr. L1 low gear worked as well. And i could shift all gears in low with the controller.

But drive is dead. Since i didnt drive 4 half hours and paid 500$ in gas plus hotel to do a .5 second run i tried in the test lane to do a burnout in low. But iust smoked the trans worse. Now it wont barely move in any position and even park doesnt hold the car.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
More 8 second passes this weekend.
The new low miles 4t80e is working well so far. But the ECC3 converter is WAYYYY too tight. 1700rpm and can't build any boost. So the take off was super slow and poor 60 foot times.

Still managed 8.71 @ 160mph at low boost. Then the front trans lost 3rd gear at only 21 psi of boost.

So Dave from TEP got some custom clutch packs made for the 4t65e-hd up front and it should have the power no problem now. Once I have these clutch packs I will run up to 30 psi up front if traction allows.

And my Precision Torque came in for my rear transmission so hopefully they got it right this time and stall around 3000rpm.

Then I should have some really hard launches and 7s should be a reality soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFJK53tG5kA

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Thanks to Dave at TEP transmissions for selling me his custom clutch packs for 2nd and 3rd as well as the stg2 VB to install in the front trans. Well be installing those today.

Rear updated precision torque is still too lose. 4k rpm at 8 psi of boost within 1 second but better than 5k and 15 psi within 1 second.

Well see hiw that feels at the track. I asked for 3k rpm not 4k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info