TD ben's Twin Engine "nascar" runs low 8s ! shooting for 7s next time

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes !!!
The goal with the Twin engine Nascar was an 8 Second 1/4 mile ET.
That's now done and as crazy as it sounds, we're shooting for 7 seconds as I ran a low 8 today after cranking up power... and that's letting off before the end again.
Due to speed limiter kicking in at 165mph (I forgot to raise it). I did not expect the car to be that fast.
Here's a video of the runs ! VERY VERY happy !
Tomorrow we're shooting for 7s if the weather holds up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5SyAUQUEO8

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
That in car view is absolutely sick :bowdown:

Congrats!

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Reaction score
That in car view is absolutely sick :bowdown:

Congrats!
For ONCE that the video does somewhat justice... and even then.
Driving is an absolute BLAST...

THe last pass was unreal. THe tire shake till the 1/8 mile.
It spun the front wheels or both set of wheels the whole 1/8 mile.

138mph in the 1/8 !!!
5.3 ET

They kicked me out of my Semi Pro class for being too quick and wanted to put me with the super pro. Since I wanted to focus on testing I didn't go in the that class.

We got rained out and it was difficult to make passes after they kicked me out of my class.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Look for a share of your video to our FB page tomorrow. More people need to see this :bigthumb:

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Reaction score
Look for a share of your video to our FB page tomorrow. More people need to see this :bigthumb:
Nice thanks... I hope to bring a 7s or an 8.0 tomorrow if it doesn't rain too much and it hooks.

P.S. our track is shit. This car on a good track. Garanteed 7 second passes.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
That in car view is sick. In the 15 years I've been a car nut on various forums I don't think I've ever seen a project give so much instant gratification as this one. Usually people pick out a problem and then spend 6 months fixing it. I feel like it was just yesterday that you guys were talking about the converters being too loose and then bam, here we are and not one but two converters have been replaced and the car is ripping 8's.

I love everything about this project.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
On a side note, are you flying the car to France every time you race it or did I miss the part where you're in Quebec?

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Reaction score
That in car view is sick. In the 15 years I've been a car nut on various forums I don't think I've ever seen a project give so much instant gratification as this one. Usually people pick out a problem and then spend 6 months fixing it. I feel like it was just yesterday that you guys were talking about the converters being too loose and then bam, here we are and not one but two converters have been replaced and the car is ripping 8's.

I love everything about this project.
Thanks a lot for the kind words. I really put a lot of energy, time and resources into that project. It's a dream of mine and now it's coming to life.

When you have a car with this much potential it kills you to see it run times that are not worthy of it. I kept reading comments on the net that my 9.11 was slow. It was slow for what the car is capable of. It set a fire under my ass.

THe car has now exceeded my own expectations which were solid 8 second pass (like 8.5 to 8.8)

What I didn't know what how easy it was to reach that goal. Now if we didn't have the engine cutting out problem I would have made more pass.

The guy who actually figured it out is JDredd ! just chatting with him after the race, he's like have you checked your speed limiter LOL !!

Myself and and one of mechanic of mine decided to rebuild the bad 4t65e-HD build trans we got. Might as well learn now with that much power.
We actually used a top notch used stock trans. (it looked new inside) and swapped the guts of it into our clean case. Then put in the quaife diff etc...
There was many problems with the front trans which was one of the big reason the car wasn't as fast as it should.

Also put back the stock converters. Yes that's right bone stock converters and stock clutch packs in both trans. We just have more pressure in the accumulators and LSD in both.

I did a good amount of research on what the top drag racers use for trans fluid. Turns out Hydraulic fluid is very popular with guys that make a huge amount of HP, especially the turbo guys building boost on the converter.
The fact it doesn't have a lot of anti friction agents and has a high boiling point is a great thing as well.

All in all my trans didn't slip and put power down like never before.

If I didn't hit the speed limiter my speed would be in excess of 170mph-175mph.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
you weren't kidding about warp speed. that incar view is insane. well done as always :bowdown:

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
Super Moderator
Reaction score
unbelievable :bowdown:
congrats on hitting your goal

jdredd

Reaction score
So glad to see this car making some rock solid results!

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll just post that Turbocharged400 hates me a lot right now.

Before he does :drums:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
awesome, looks like everything is working together now

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll just post that Turbocharged400 hates me a lot right now.

Before he does :drums:
he's secretly enjoying this thread