TD Ben's Twin engine custom car goes 9.11 @ 145mph

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
Front "built" trans is done. It started doing the same thing again but won't snap out of it...

In Park-Reverse-Neutral-1st-2nd it's stuck and won't move + loads up the converter as if I was standing on the brakes. It happened while cruising to do a test pass. The car slowed down quickly on it's own.

3rd gear and 4th gear are totally normal (will move)

What a nice surprise box that tranny is. And it only saw 20 psi of boost on average way less than I used to run with my bone stock tranny in a 1200lbs heavier car last year (29-30 psi last year)

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
Front "built" trans is done. It started doing the same thing again but won't snap out of it...

In Park-Reverse-Neutral-1st-2nd it's stuck and won't move + loads up the converter as if I was standing on the brakes. It happened while cruising to do a test pass. The car slowed down quickly on it's own.

3rd gear and 4th gear are totally normal (will move)

What a nice surprise box that tranny is. And it only saw 20 psi of boost on average way less than I used to run with my bone stock tranny in a 1200lbs heavier car last year (29-30 psi last year)

Lesson learned... never buy a used "built" tranny.. or even a new "built" tranny from a random person... just go straight to the source. That way you know what you are getting, and have someone
to goto when shit hits the fan... I feel your pain as I been down the same
path. :squint:

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
[MENTION=11585]twinv6gtp[/MENTION]

some guys on facebook would like the full mod list for both engines, since they dont seem to think it can make a combined 1300whp that easily.

What size turbo, cam, heads.. etc etc

I don't think he ever said 1300 WHP .. in the one video it says CRANK HP..

Which i'd say not that hard fetch... 650 crank HP per engine, so rougly
540 WHP per engine.. (actually little less for his 80e one I'd assume)...

Takes nothing to get some good crank HP out of these.. its the WHP
that the issue with the FWD converters. Ran into same problem I did.. more boost = more converter slip/carnage.. and you loose power on the high end..

He lost probably good 8+ mph.

twinv6gtp

Turbo enthusiast
Jul 27, 2014
[MENTION=11585]twinv6gtp[/MENTION]

some guys on facebook would like the full mod list for both engines, since they dont seem to think it can make a combined 1300whp that easily.

What size turbo, cam, heads.. etc etc
As jdredd said i never stated whp...
1300 crank and thats probably a conservative estimate...

Im running 6900rpm and 29psi to 30psi in the rear engine. Easily 800 crank hp.
But the precision converter slips so bad i never go down from 6900rpm in any gear. I estimate my whp to 550 to 600 with 23% converter slippage.

Front didnt make.a lot it is detuned for the first test at 20 psi and very rich. Probably 500 crank and roughly 400whp with again trans troubles which i will demonstrate tonight.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
As jdredd said i never stated whp...
1300 crank and thats probably a conservative estimate...

Im running 6900rpm and 29psi to 30psi in the rear engine. Easily 800 crank hp.
But the precision converter slips so bad i never go down from 6900rpm in any gear. I estimate my whp to 550 to 600 with 23% converter slippage.

Front didnt make.a lot it is detuned for the first test at 20 psi and very rich. Probably 500 crank and roughly 400whp with again trans troubles which i will demonstrate tonight.

I don't know a lot about your set up but I had a 3800 that made 522whp on 17psi with stock heads, it was a t67 turbo, if your set up is good on 20 psi it could be making a lot more than you think

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info