Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Like how I'm calling the Xen version of TCG, TCGX? No? Anyway...

I’m pretty excited about this feature. Its not perfect but its going to add a lot of personalization to the site. So stay with me…

Covers allows you to add header images to YOUR threads and your profile page. So for example, you have a build thread that you will keep updated, you can give that build thread a cover image to set the thread apart from the rest. Same goes for your profile page…think of it like a Facebook cover.

THREAD EXAMPLE / PROFILE EXAMPLE

For threads, the cover option can be found at the top right of the thread (after a thread is created, it shows up).

1568305728167.png

For profiles, the option is found slightly right and down from your Av. You can only add covers to YOUR created content.

1568305748877.png

These look AWESOME on mobile but are a bit more finicky on desktop.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Don't make the file so big haha. I did put a file size limit in place so that threads will still load snappy.

If you wanna pm me the image, I can resize for ya.

Lol. You make it sound so easy. I appreciate that and will send it your way. Any way to resize on my s9 for future reference? Also what image size is the max size?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Lol. You make it sound so easy. I appreciate that and will send it your way. Any way to resize on my s9 for future reference? Also what image size is the max size?
It's at 2mb right now which is rather small. I can up it when I get home.

Try this site maybe? http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/

Did a quick Google.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Bumping this. Adding a cover to your thread is HUGE for sharing to social as that is the image Facebook, for example, will use over the default auto show image that I have as default for the site. Give shares a nice, clean, look.

Thread Info