• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

TCGX Feature Spotlight - Covers

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Like how I'm calling the Xen version of TCG, TCGX? No? Anyway...

I’m pretty excited about this feature. Its not perfect but its going to add a lot of personalization to the site. So stay with me…

Covers allows you to add header images to YOUR threads and your profile page. So for example, you have a build thread that you will keep updated, you can give that build thread a cover image to set the thread apart from the rest. Same goes for your profile page…think of it like a Facebook cover.

THREAD EXAMPLE / PROFILE EXAMPLE

For threads, the cover option can be found at the top right of the thread (after a thread is created, it shows up).

1568305728167.png

For profiles, the option is found slightly right and down from your Av. You can only add covers to YOUR created content.

1568305748877.png

These look AWESOME on mobile but are a bit more finicky on desktop.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love the cover feature, but knowing the people here, I can also see this backfiring horribly :ROFLMAO:

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love the cover feature, but knowing the people here, I can also see this backfiring horribly :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I told Mook to out a giant cock on this thread just to get it out of the way.....

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
This is a purchased add-on so I'm sure I could have the dev make some custom changes for me.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am trying to throw a cover on my maverick ride thread, but keep getting an error message with the file is too large. Any tips?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Don't make the file so big haha. I did put a file size limit in place so that threads will still load snappy.

If you wanna pm me the image, I can resize for ya.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't make the file so big haha. I did put a file size limit in place so that threads will still load snappy.

If you wanna pm me the image, I can resize for ya.
Lol. You make it sound so easy. I appreciate that and will send it your way. Any way to resize on my s9 for future reference? Also what image size is the max size?

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Didn't realize an image could be resized that way. I have a tech prowess of a 90 year old.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Check it. Just made it so cover photos get tied to your social shares. So if your thread has a cover, when you share it on FB (for example), it will use that image as the preview.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom