• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

TCGX 2.0 FAQ

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
can we adjust posts per page or no?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Users cant, but I can for everyone. Its a dumb lock that Xen has in place and I know I looked it up but I forget why it exists.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Users cant, but I can for everyone. Its a dumb lock that Xen has in place and I know I looked it up but I forget why it exists.
my guess is something with the dynamic refresh. having users all have different post counts could mess up the pages :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
no worries at all, just making sure i wasn't missing it

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
What's the lightning bolt do

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
..............bro

• What’s New tab is where you’ll find New Posts (replacement for Live Feed), All Posts and Latest Activity (you can ignore this last one for now ). There is also a New Posts link under the Nav Bar, top left...as well as a big blue button you can click (visible on mobile as well).
  • On mobile, you can access New Posts from ANY page on the site via the lightning bolt at the top right of the page.
  • The New Posts page is self refreshing - by default, it is set to 60 seconds but you can choose the refresh rate manually should you want.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
So I just made a post in bored thread. Alot sooner than most of these threads. Why come is doesn't show up after I hit the bolt
Screenshot_20190912-110815_Chrome.jpg

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Because you posted....why would a thread be new if the only thing new is your post?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
It'll be new to others, but not you.

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
So I just made a post in bored thread. Alot sooner than most of these threads. Why come is doesn't show up after I hit the boltView attachment 42127

If you click on All Posts, youll see your thread and it wont be bold because nothing new is there

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
@Mook when I try to click on specific forums, like member rides, I end up getting redirected to the TCG app and it just says my password is incorrect. I cleared the cache and it didn't make a difference. I can't search through the threads going into the sub forums or whatever they are called.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
@Mook when I try to click on specific forums, like member rides, I end up getting redirected to the TCG app and it just says my password is incorrect. I cleared the cache and it didn't make a difference. I can't search through the threads going into the sub forums or whatever they are called.
Does this happen when you also click on the new posts from the new posts page? If you're on android, you likely have the app as the default for the site. Easy fix, however.

Go to your phone settings > apps & notifications. First thing to check is what your default apps are set to (its an option). If those look ok, on that same page (assuming we have the same settings layout), you should see "opening links" at the bottom. Click on that and got Chicago Garage, tap it and see what its set to. For me, mine is set to ask every time. Yours might be open in this app.

Take a peek and let me know what you find.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Oh, there is also a far quicker way to do this lol. Long press on the TCG app > app info > advanced > open by default. Tap that to get to the above mentioned.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks buddy. I think our menu layout is different but I was able to switch the site links to always open in chrome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom