tcg3800s.com

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
We have YEARS of knowledge. Years. And we're home to some of the greatest 3800 minds out there. Just gotta convince kids forums arent evil.
They just don't know there's still active ones really. I dug through 3800pro for months and didn't figure I'd ever get lucky enough to find the guys that actually kick ass still goin strong. And idk bout you guys but I kinda like bein a part of the knowledge a guy uncovers at 2 in the morning when theyve no other way of figuring it out but dead photbucket links and threads from 2008. I've learned so much in here and haven't even come close to what you guys forget and have stuffed in drawers. I owe v6buicks v6buicks a beer for showin me a better place.

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
They just don't know there's still active ones really. I dug through 3800pro for months and didn't figure I'd ever get lucky enough to find the guys that actually kick ass still goin strong. And idk bout you guys but I kinda like bein a part of the knowledge a guy uncovers at 2 in the morning when theyve no other way of figuring it out but dead photbucket links and threads from 2008. I've learned so much in here and haven't even come close to what you guys forget and have stuffed in drawers. I owe v6buicks v6buicks a beer for showin me a better place.
You owe me nothing! I'm just happy that there are 3800 people still willing to use forums. I feel exactly the same way about info though. I will never have an "a-ha!" moment at 2AM while cruising Facebook because everything goes away within days. Even if you happen to catch some good info when you need it, you better screenshot it because you won't find it again! Forums 4evar.

I'm getting so much shit for posting in the W-body gathering event page. :LOL: Apparently the "record holders" are all in that group so it's better just to listen up than to try to migrate them to another platform.
giphy.gif

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
You owe me nothing! I'm just happy that there are 3800 people still willing to use forums. I feel exactly the same way about info though. I will never have an "a-ha!" moment at 2AM while cruising Facebook because everything goes away within days. Even if you happen to catch some good info when you need it, you better screenshot it because you won't find it again! Forums 4evar.

I'm getting so much shit for posting in the W-body gathering event page. [emoji38] Apparently the "record holders" are all in that group so it's better just to listen up than to try to migrate them to another platform.
giphy.gif
Bro I've almost always got one forum window open in the background savin it for later and I check this way more than Facebook. I might not be in that one but I lit a big enough fire in performance earlier I got annoyed and took it down. At least we have a special section or 10 to talk shit around here rather than a free for all with everyone with two brain cells or better

• Haha

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I hate Facebook so much. I was in that "PERFORMANCE" group when it was first started and it was such a train wreck. I ended up leaving for four years just to come back and have some fun with a couple other goofs I know. It's way better than it used to be, but it's still Facebook. I hope I can go on another extended or permanent hiatus soon. Now that I've shaken my marketplace habits, the Buick club has pretty much voted to de-formalize the club, and Zucc banned all the good memes I don't really have any reason to be there anymore.

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
If it wasn't for the business image makin an assload and rilin up the ls guys I'd cut the cord in a heartbeat. V6 camaro group isn't bad but half the time you even give someone advice or flat out tell em what's wrong with their junk and they don't listen anyway.

As for memes point me in the right direction or I'll make a spot somewhere I'm all over that nonsense

And I should make a spot for my tire stuff somewhere I get some really sweet stuff rollin through for a hole in the wall one man shop
Screenshot_20210328-205433_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: GTPpower

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Who are the record holders in the gathering group? They kicked me out of there years ago.
I think the fastest NA Regal LS with champagne paint and cloth seats is in there. Word on the street is he has an HAI with VATS and speed limiter deleted. :oops: I don't wanna mess with that.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
I think the fastest NA Regal LS with champagne paint and cloth seats is in there. Word on the street is he has an HAI with VATS and speed limiter deleted. :oops: I don't wanna mess with that.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] bout as bad as the "3800 fbody elites" and wantin to hook me up with their tuner

Reactions: GTPpower

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah I looked at that page once. :iough:

Hellboi would be a cool addition. He's pretty enthusiastic about that thing and makes pretty good power.
That maroon camaro with the turbo where the headlight was is a mean bitch too tryin to get him to come over as well. And Jamie would be a great addition but I think he enjoys irritating the "elites" too much [emoji23]

Man there's maybe 3 in that group of 10ish that know what they're talkin bout. I should "nominate" you just so you can get a giggle

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
That maroon camaro with the turbo where the headlight was is a mean bitch too tryin to get him to come over as well. And Jamie would be a great addition but I think he enjoys irritating the "elites" too much [emoji23]

Man there's maybe 3 in that group of 10ish that know what they're talkin bout. I should "nominate" you just so you can get a giggle
That "mor_boost" guy with the maroon Camaro certainly has some spirit, but he's going to wear himself the fuck out if he doesn't sort his shit out. He's wayyy too focused on destroying Street Outlaws on national TV when he should be fixing the fact that is ECM connector is basically a rain gutter now that his cowl is deleted. He also scattered his engine recently and is looking to build a ball-out short block. :oops: I wish him well, but he has GOT to figure out the tune and that rat's nest/fire hazard of a wire harness. lol

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
That "mor_boost" guy with the maroon Camaro certainly has some spirit, but he's going to wear himself the fuck out if he doesn't sort his shit out. He's wayyy too focused on destroying Street Outlaws on national TV when he should be fixing the fact that is ECM connector is basically a rain gutter now that his cowl is deleted. He also scattered his engine recently and is looking to build a ball-out short block. :oops: I wish him well, but he has GOT to figure out the tune and that rat's nest/fire hazard of a wire harness. lol
Oh I know. But I like his big dreams. [emoji23] sides that I'll watch him blow his shit up and try and keep mine alive

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Oh man if you guys saw some of the threads on the 3800 fb groups back in like 15/16 lol

Thats the problem, they are still there, but essentially lost forever versus easily found on here or sticky potential
I was there. I'm still scarred. The worst part is that so many people told each other the same wrong shit that flat-out incorrect information has become tribal knowledge.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
fyi a regal LS might not even have VATS/passkey not all base models were offered with it

only a very few of us have built a balls to the wall shortblock and had em hold together.
I'm glad you were here to correct me on that. ?

Right. I think he claimed to be making "too much power" for the L36, but when you see how the thing is put together...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah even with the .1" thinner top ring land/crown and thinner rod beam they arent that weak, they are just less durable to detonation, which is quite common with the horrible oil windage that 2,4,6 experience but mostly cyl4.

a tiny 3mm oil ring aint gonna overcome the torrent of oil slung into the bore without a fe windage tray and pan mods

Reactions: v6buicks and Rdrnnr

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
You too like that s*** but did you guys see what I end up doing?

welding in the additional scraper/baffle below 4 around the pickup tube/tray opening and opening up the 1 + 2 & 5 + 6 windage holes?

The Riviera build thread, n the 442 and TR build thread I think have everything, but it's a lot to search through to find the Nuggets of gold

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
You too like that s*** but did you guys see what I end up doing?

welding in the additional scraper/baffle below 4 around the pickup tube/tray opening and opening up the 1 + 2 & 5 + 6 windage holes?

The Riviera build thread, n the 442 and TR build thread I think have everything, but it's a lot to search through to find the Nuggets of gold
So basically your opening it up so the oil can get to the other side takin away the issues with #4? It's definitely somethin ill have to come back to when I shell this one and build my spare motor for real

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info