tcg3800s.com

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
F*** the aluminum pan and steel windage tray. It's worse than the steel pan with the plastic windage tray / gasket.

The aluminum pan with the tray removed using the plastic windage tray / gasket is not a bad deal but the rigidity of the pan basically just makes it quieter.

You're basically adding the baffle that they removed from the plastic windage tray to make it so that you can put the giant pick up through the gasket when installing your pan.
Yes there are pictures in those threads unless Photobucket finally deleted all my s***

Reactions: Rdrnnr

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
F*** the aluminum pan and steel windage tray. It's worse than the steel pan with the plastic windage tray / gasket.

The aluminum pan with the tray removed using the plastic windage tray / gasket is not a bad deal but the rigidity of the pan basically just makes it quieter.

You're basically adding the baffle that they removed from the plastic windage tray to make it so that you can put the giant pick up through the gasket when installing your pan.
Yes there are pictures in those threads unless Photobucket finally deleted all my s***
giphy.gif

Welp. Okay then! I found an old thread of yours that should give us newbies an idea.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'll let v6buicks v6buicks try first I'm still a little nervous about cracking this rear cover and gettin it back together right when I pull my trans for converter and flexplate
I mean I'm not one to talk since I botched it, but I don't think it's necessarily anything to worry about. Just get it level with the block to pan surface, crank her down, and RTV the two parts where the cover block and pan meet.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL

Somewhere in the pages before this one

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I may I may not. My track record pounding seals in isn't that great but I haven't tried for a while. I'm a socket and a hammer type a guy [emoji23]
Haha I hear that. I don't have any fancy driver either. I've just been lucky using a well placed block of wood and a hammer. lol

Photobucket is gonna murder me for this. Snip and Sketch FTW!
1617111354295.png

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
My only concern is that having a welded sheet hug the pick-up tube could make pan removal a huuuge bitch. I suppose that as long as I can sneak my 8mm wrench in there to disconnect the pick-up then all is well. I'm glad you noted the turbo drain shield too. Mines on the other side so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'll remember that if I decide to move it.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020

Somewhere in the pages before this one
Whattttt is thisss. That things insane [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2937]

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
I'm thinking in so many different directions that welding a 3/4" NPT bung sounds like the best way to go for somebody who's indecisive and needs options down the road. At least then I can just swap fittings if necessary and pan removal will never be needed.
Are you for sure its the drain and not just the ebay t70? Cuz I really had no problems and we know how shitboxxy I had my camaro put together [emoji23]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info