Not open for further replies.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Ah fuck it...I'm in. Taking the family to Cancun for spring break in March...need a sexy as hell dad bod for the beach.
one does not "work" to achieve a dad bod. its earned.
much like energy, it can not be made or destroyed.

embrace it, flaunt it, ENJOY it.

couples_retreat-1.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Here is my idea. weigh in at beginning and hit that weight again at the end +/- an allowed amount like a pound or percentage of original weight. Same overall structure as original weight loss competition but need to maintain weight instead of lost $5 buy in. Winner takes all. Thoughts? Could also modify this and let people pick their final weight and same basic overall premise. Thoughts?

1quick 1quick
sickmint79 sickmint79

Last edited:

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Here is my idea. weigh in at beginning and hit that weight again at the end +/- an allowed amount like a pound or percentage of original weight. Same overall structure as original weight loss competition but need to maintain weight instead of lost $5 buy in. Winner takes all. Thoughts? Could also modify this and let people pick their final weight and same basic overall premise. Thoughts?

In

Reactions: EmersonHart13

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Lock it up.... Real Thread is Active:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

1quick 1quick
sickmint79 sickmint79

i'm out, i think i don't have much fat to lose - or rather i definitely do but am trying to replace it with muscle. either way i have nothing to win in a contest at this point. but i have a suggestion to make everyone's life here a bit easier. i remember doing this before and it being a pain to send it the frequent weighings and surely the most pain for the organizer.

basically it's just for you guys to just go sign up and use healthywage in my weight loss bet thread. (first is my referral link fyi)

you can probably get enough people to make your own special challenge - like a TCG "corporate" challenge. not sure if that lets you structure the format more loosely. you can see the formats and how they are structured now and choose to sign up for one like a 10% in 6 months or 6% in 3 months.

example:
jan 5 - mar 29 (my birthday!)
lose 6% in 3 months
$20/month; so $60 buy-in
returns: (# participants * $60) / (# participants that meet goal) * 0.75 = individual payout
the 0.75 is due to their 25% admin fee

you just weigh in at the start and end, and their referees make the call. so easy management for everyone involved.

200 lbs would need to lose 12 lbs in 84 days (give or take a few for grace periods)
i think it's a bit of a myth but let's pretend that's 3500 cal deficiency per pound, 4000 to be safer
(12 * 4000) / 84 = that's a caloric deficiency of 571 calories per day

that's pretty legit really. so this is a legit challenge, and you can take all the pressure off things like weekly weigh-ins of yourself and especially the tcg organizer, which is worth the $60 vs. $5 alone. plus you all can win! my guesstimate is you'd win $75-90. just all sign up for this challenge.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt

I'm out. I'm terrible about weigh ins and rarely step on the scale lol. I've been working out consistently since early September and playing more hockey. I'm dropping lbs, but trying not to get myself focused on numbers. I've found in the past that I get frustrated and burnt out if I focus too heavily on achieving a number goal. I'm happy to be getting some energy back and older clothes starting to fit again!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i'm out, i think i don't have much fat to lose - or rather i definitely do but am trying to replace it with muscle. either way i have nothing to win in a contest at this point. but i have a suggestion to make everyone's life here a bit easier. i remember doing this before and it being a pain to send it the frequent weighings and surely the most pain for the organizer.

basically it's just for you guys to just go sign up and use healthywage in my weight loss bet thread. (first is my referral link fyi)

you can probably get enough people to make your own special challenge - like a TCG "corporate" challenge. not sure if that lets you structure the format more loosely. you can see the formats and how they are structured now and choose to sign up for one like a 10% in 6 months or 6% in 3 months.

example:
jan 5 - mar 29 (my birthday!)
lose 6% in 3 months
$20/month; so $60 buy-in
returns: (# participants * $60) / (# participants that meet goal) * 0.75 = individual payout
the 0.75 is due to their 25% admin fee

you just weigh in at the start and end, and their referees make the call. so easy management for everyone involved.

200 lbs would need to lose 12 lbs in 84 days (give or take a few for grace periods)
i think it's a bit of a myth but let's pretend that's 3500 cal deficiency per pound, 4000 to be safer
(12 * 4000) / 84 = that's a caloric deficiency of 571 calories per day

that's pretty legit really. so this is a legit challenge, and you can take all the pressure off things like weekly weigh-ins of yourself and especially the tcg organizer, which is worth the $60 vs. $5 alone. plus you all can win! my guesstimate is you'd win $75-90. just all sign up for this challenge.
I wish this site would let me bet more on the 3 month challenge. Their regular program is a 6 month minimum...but no way it'll take me 6 months to lose the 25-30 lbs I'd like to lose. I don't want/need to lose more than that

Where can I bet $500 that i'll lose 30 lbs in 3-4 months, and win myself a bunch of duckets because that's faster than most people can lose that much weight

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I wish this site would let me bet more on the 3 month challenge. Their regular program is a 6 month minimum...but no way it'll take me 6 months to lose the 25-30 lbs I'd like to lose. I don't want/need to lose more than that

Where can I bet $500 that i'll lose 30 lbs in 3-4 months, and win myself a bunch of duckets because that's faster than most people can lose that much weight

if that 25-30 is 10% or more then just do the 6 month then, no harm if you are sure you can lose it right? i didn't diminish all returns until i bet $2700 over the 6 months.

else the other terms are shorter and more aggressive. there is the other site in my thread too for dietbet - you can do some larger ones there too and participate in multiple bets. you can join bets now too that started within the last couple days on both sites too. so you can put $500 out there, you'll just have to do a little work in spreading it. these are harder bets to hit so you'll see much better returns. (25-60% vs. 10-15%)

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Another option as compared to $5

Folks who participate get a badge next to their Member Alias / Avatar (to identify them / other TCG members can follow along help encourage support / positive influence)

Special badge for the following:

Greatest % loss 1st mos
Greatest % loss by 3rd mos
Who sustained by 6 mos

3 special badges in total

Participants can photo weekly weigh ins (w/ date in the photo).

We have a weekly tracker as 1st post of the thread (keep it simple - member alias and % loss this far for the month).

This will motivate participants to try to beat one another

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info