Announcement TCG v.2024 | Latest Update: 3/18

Thread
List of Updates

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
All good. Also didn’t realize this wasn’t launched to all members.

The Breakfast Club Reaction GIF

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Feedback

Pros: Light mode looks great, mobile version is like an app and very cool

Cons: dark mode is lackluster and looks unfinshed
They're basically identical except for one being light and one being dark. There is likely not going to be any change visually...save for maybe some spacing and such here and there.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They're basically identical except for one being light and one being dark. There is likely not going to be any change visually...save for maybe some spacing and such here and there.
I know, but for whatever reason, my brain thinks dark looks unfinished and light looks good. Where, I'm normally a dark everything kinda guy.

zoe saldana applause GIF

Reactions: Mook

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Overall, very pleased. Have a few annoyances but might be because I haven’t explored much yet. First thing is that on mobile light, I’m finding it hard to navigate to the forum Nav menu with all the forums and sub-forums listed. Not sure how to find it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I really like the TCGgram feature, which looks like it’s pulling images from current threads as well as albums. I can see interesting photos from large threads that would otherwise be buried.
This already exists pre new version but it's a lot better now.

Thinking on it, I'll likely do an open beta tomorrow, depending if I can not be lazy and create an FAQ for it.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You will be able to revert back to whatever your style of choice is, bottom left of the site.

Open beta is now live. Here is a brief FAQ, along with a disclaimer on what might not currently work.

*Only known bug is in regards to mobile. While in portrait mode, edit & delete do not show up (this does not carry over to PMs). The temp fix is to flip the phone into landscape and trigger the buttons that way. This happens on both light and dark.

If you're using a large screen, you can adjust the width either in screenshot 1 or screenshot 2.

1669693361410.png

1669693443119.png

On any applicable page, you can toggle the sidebar on or off from here:

1669693500850.png

From the main homepage (found by clicking our logo at the top left), you can turn on or off the filters by displaying the sidebar. This allows you to only show unread threads/posts, all posts, certain prefixes only, certain sections only, etc. If you only want to filter temporarily, the filters will turn on in real time and then revert when any action is taken. Clicking save will keep them permanently (or until they're changed again).

1669693588266.png

The homepage is self refreshing without the page actually reloading. It will push threads and posts in near real time. If you click into a thread and then hit back, it will remove the thread in the same manner.

From the homepage, you can also access the revised version of TCGgram, along with the recently launched TCGbook
. They both look and work exceptional on mobile (Gram especially) and I invite you to test both out. Following tab is self explanatory.

1669778160784.png

While also on the homepage or any of the tabs in the above screenshot, you can choose how that page displays. Play around with them to your preference here:

1669693898202.png

*Setting default, makes whatever page you're on the default homepage for you.

On mobile, you will now receive a more app like experience, with tabs now showing at the bottom for easy access. I might switch those up in the future to reflect new posts, rather than gram or book, but I want to push those two new features for now.

1669693957716.png

Clicking "menu", will allow you to navigate much like you used to.

Touching on the main homepage again (or any page where it shows up), the new create button allows to not only create a discussion, but share media, create a poll or post a new status.

1669694039144.png

As before, the chabox is available on the homepage or the what's new page.

The final change is in regards to the alerts / PMs. Everything, including settings, is now housed in one tab. Clicking your name/avatar will grant access to everything in one control center.

1669694119538.png

If you have any feedback, bugs or questions, feel free to post them up.

Thread Info