Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Update from the dev on IG. Let me know if you see any changes.

I ran some tests and found something, although it may not be related to the Safari issue. Regardless of the browser, if referrers are disabled, the embed appears to load fine but videos do not start. That's because Instagram's CDN server (scontent.cdninstagram.com) sends a cross-origin-resource-policy: same-origin header which prevents the asset from being loaded from another domain, www.instagram.com in this case. Obviously, it doesn't make sense for a CDN server to be configured not to serve content used on the main domain. What's weirder is that this behaviour is only displayed when referrers are disabled, otherwise the CDN server sends a more reasonable cross-origin-resource-policy: cross-origin header that allows assets to be loaded from any other domain. If Safari limits the availability of referrers by default, it may be the cause of that issue.

Apart from that, I published an update on GitHub that fixes a potential (=theoretical) issue related to inline event handlers. It doesn't require an update on the XenForo side and I don't think it is related to Safari's issue, but it's not impossible either.

Reactions: Bru and Jimy Bilmo

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The site now supports real time alerts...kinda sorta. The site checks for new alerts every 20 seconds and if one is there, it will show in the tab of your browser (on desktop). It doesnt seem, at least on the default themes, to trigger the red alert. But if you pay attention to your tabs, you will now at least see an alert count refreshing.

Thread Info