• No, I don't like fun

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
A buddy was running these for everything under the sun. He would raffle a tool or whatever and then order and ship straight to the winner. When they wouldn't fill he'd ask those that bought spots if they were cool with a cash raffle.

He ran a few PS5s and Xboxes for me. Nccstud Nccstud bought into one.
I'm in several FB pages that are dedicated strictly to this. There was just one up that had like 7 or 8 different car options and even had a house in there.

These are like 150 slot one, but they run minis and micros for smaller dollar buy it to get a chance to win a spot in the main.

Reactions: Shawn1112

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
I'm in several FB pages that are dedicated strictly to this. There was just one up that had like 7 or 8 different car options and even had a house in there.

These are like 150 slot one, but they run minis and micros for smaller dollar buy it to get a chance to win a spot in the main.
A lot of softball groups run minis and micros, to fill the main drawing.
I forgot about that. The 2nd or 3rd time he ran a PS5 for me he had to do a couple minis. It all depends how much work and time you are willing to invest.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Yup, I’m in one on IG for a crate 6.2. He has ran 8 minis, with 40 people per mini and 10 per mini get a spot in the raffle.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Explain It Season 5 GIF by The Office

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
Yup, I'd be in, and agree with other sentiments that if we don't hit the 50-person-buy in (or the equivilent of $2500+ worth of buy-in) then we can make it a cash raffle, either for the pot-minus-administrative-costs, or a bunch of smaller pots.

It would be good timing, my dad had a MASSIVE Sony rear-projection TV, one of the last ones they made (2013 I think?) that finally punched it's ticket, so he's now using a smaller 36" LCD that I had kept after I upgraded last year (he was really adamant about not buying a new TV. He's almost 90 and his increasing frugality mixed with sticker shock makes it tough to replace things for him).

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I'm not in for a TV, but would likely be for other things. How do folks do this repeatedly and not run afoul of the law about unlicensed raffles/gambling? All it would take would be one sore loser or someone who thought it was rigged or someone who got pissed off at the organizer later to be a whistleblower. Keep it to a known circle of friends whom you trust?

Thread Info