TCG Tour Important Info Thread

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I think this is the same one we used for starved rock. It worked well but if you don't have cell reception it won't work obviously.

I'm planning on getting a set of walkie talkies for my car and [MENTION=73]tinfoilhat[/MENTION]. I'm not sure his car isn't going to break down :rofl:

pffft it may look like shit but its sturdy like a mofo. although i should fix those check engine lights :rofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Any updates on what stops are going to occur as far as lunch and what not? Are we just abandoning the scheduled restaurants that were initially posted? Any other places that aren't fast food or gas station food that the group can stop in at as a whole? Dinner plans?
[MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION]

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yeah, I agree it is going to be a challenge. This is the first car tour I have been on and wouldn't mind cruising with the group a majority of the time. I guess getting split up is inevitable though. There are just so few nice cars around here that I want to stare at good stuff for 2 days straight and try not to deviate from the car group too much. So if for some reason the wife and I stop at a restaurant, I don't want to miss any fun.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah, I agree it is going to be a challenge. This is the first car tour I have been on and wouldn't mind cruising with the group a majority of the time. I guess getting split up is inevitable though. There are just so few nice cars around here that I want to stare at good stuff for 2 days straight and try not to deviate from the car group too much. So if for some reason the wife and I stop at a restaurant, I don't want to miss any fun.

We have general spots picked out for lunch and dinner. I have to call the establishments to see how well they can accommodate our group. Like others have said though, it might be difficult to coordinate.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Things to take note of regarding stops.

FOOD
We have general lunch and dinner places we are going to try and do. These things could fall through at any point and we may need to just adjust the plan on the fly. Each city we stop in will have sufficient back up options.

GAS
Make sure your car is completely filled up each morning (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) before we officially leave for the next destination. If you are not you will have to play catch up with the rest of the group. From there we are going to have a general rule of thumb for gas stoppages about every 100 miles or so.

TOURIST POINTS
We will be planning 2-3 stopping points per day on our trip that are nice lookouts and vantage points where we can do group photos and stretch our legs.

At any time, if you need to break off for a break, food, potty session, etc.....it will be on you to catch back up to the group if it falls outside of the stop above. We will not be making special stops for the entire convoy unless extreme circumstances present themselves. We will have a final itinerary outlined 1 week prior to leaving. Please be aware of that.

Thread Info