TCG Tour 21 Feedback Thread

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
hotels with freedom party pavilions next door have set a new standard.

But in all seriousness, everything was great.
Positives: i thought the route was fantastic. Awesome scenery and great roads. Hotels were nice. Schedule was kept. Got to drive a hellcat, thanks greasy greasy and take a spin in an RS, thanks Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA
Negatives, nothing serious. I had some issues with maps but it really wasn't a big deal since Panda led the way. Day three we were pretty bunched up, would've been nice to be able to open it up a bit more.
Opinions: I think if we do the tail of the dragon area we will definitely need to be more organized leaving places cause there is no place to pull over on those mountain roads if someone falls behind. Maybe a quick radio check-in from all cars.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
It gets a 1/10...too many rocks :mad:
Also, the fucking ghosts in the Best Western were using all of my water pressure.

Really though, I think it was a simply awesome trip. The roads were fantastic, the scenery was great while driving and the stops were all very well picked. Kudos to you PANDA PANDA

The maps did become hard with some people and the fact that phones would lose the route, but it generally seemed that at least a few people had the route ready.

If tail is going to happen...I would recommend breaking into smaller groups. Much easier to keep sets of 4 cars together than a train of 13. Something similar to that.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I think the Tour this year was a 10/10. The effort that went into planning by PANDA PANDA and Lead Pipe Lead Pipe was great.

The fellow TCG'ers were kick ass, people do not realize what they are missing out on! The roads/route were awesome and having slow people on the road or in front of us is something we simply cannot control. I think the directions worked well after we learned a few tricks for adjustment, I don't think there is a better way to handle the route unless someone knows of a better app for routing. I loved the hiking, the scenery and being in nature was............PRETTY NEAT.

I honestly have a hard time being critical with anything because the things that were "problems" we just normal things that happen and you can't control that stuff. PANDA PANDA I dub the forever planner of TCG Tour with your trusty sidekick Lead Pipe Lead Pipe !

Thanks again to everyone for making the trip so memorable!

Mook Mook Nccstud Nccstud utryd2 utryd2 Drago Drago DEEZUZ DEEZUZ EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 Jack Jack WhiteKnuckle WhiteKnuckleScat SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me Angela@KRWINS Angela@KRWINS IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin Loanshark Loanshark Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I think the Tour this year was a 10/10. The effort that went into planning by PANDA PANDA and Lead Pipe Lead Pipe was great.

The fellow TCG'ers were kick ass, people do not realize what they are missing out on! The roads/route were awesome and having slow people on the road or in front of us is something we simply cannot control. I think the directions worked well after we learned a few tricks for adjustment, I don't think there is a better way to handle the route unless someone knows of a better app for routing. I loved the hiking, the scenery and being in nature was............PRETTY NEAT.

I honestly have a hard time being critical with anything because the things that were "problems" we just normal things that happen and you can't control that stuff. PANDA PANDA I dub the forever planner of TCG Tour with your trusty sidekick Lead Pipe Lead Pipe !

Thanks again to everyone for making the trip so memorable!

Mook Mook Nccstud Nccstud utryd2 utryd2 Drago Drago DEEZUZ DEEZUZ EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 Jack Jack WhiteKnuckle WhiteKnuckleScat SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me Angela@KRWINS Angela@KRWINS IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin Loanshark Loanshark
Adding Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Oh man, this was an awesome trip. PANDA PANDA deserves pretty much all of the credit. The route was awesome and the views were amazing. I was kicking myself that I missed out on the previous tours. I think the amount and group of cars we had were great. No one was holding anyone back. The hotels we stayed at were cool, the places we had meals were good as well. I'm already looking forward to next year. After talking to Mook Mook in the pool I think next year should be 4 days and we should get the dates locked down soon in order for everyone to plan for it. I know we're all older and have obligations so IMO the sooner we can get dates out the less excuses Chester Copperpot Chester Copperpot can make.

My only suggestion for next time there's serious hiking is give a warning on how much to prepare.:ROFLMAO: I would have packed a little differently.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Oh man, this was an awesome trip. PANDA PANDA deserves pretty much all of the credit. The route was awesome and the views were amazing. I was kicking myself that I missed out on the previous tours. I think the amount and group of cars we had were great. No one was holding anyone back. The hotels we stayed at were cool, the places we had meals were good as well. I'm already looking forward to next year. After talking to Mook Mook in the pool I think next year should be 4 days and we should get the dates locked down soon in order for everyone to plan for it. I know we're all older and have obligations so IMO the sooner we can get dates out the less excuses Chester Copperpot Chester Copperpot can make.

My only suggestion for next time there's serious hiking is give a warning on how much to prepare.:ROFLMAO: I would have packed a little differently.
No one wants a screaming almost-2 year old at any stop. I did you all a favor.

And the feels hit me pretty hard seeing you guys posting.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Thanks again everyone for the most part I think the Tour went as planned. My thoughts below...

Positives:

- I think the group really loved the route. I tried to make it as diverse as I could to not offend anyone. We had a little bit of everything.
- The group for the most part stayed together.
- I feel like on this tour we didn't have difficulty passing people. Pervious tours I remember passing in no passing zones and going past 4 cars at once 100+
- Stops and overnights were at great locations for breaks and to end the day.
- Red Wing Holiday Inn was nothing special but it was brand new that year.
- Ashland Best Western had awesome views and staying in a historic/haunted hotel was cool.
- Amenities at both hotels were sufficient for TCG.
- Scenic overlooks were a hit.
- With the exception of some construction traffic. I feel traffic was light even going through towns.
- Dinner at or walking distance from the hotel is always good.
- Weather. A little rain on Friday night but otherwise the weather was great.
- We stuck to the itinerary for the most part.
- Great stops and scenery
- The group left on time (within 15 min) every morning.
- No breakdowns
- No extensive delays
- Most of us in the same hotels
- I didn't attend all the late night shenanigan's but I think everyone had fun.
- GroupME worked out well again when we were not driving. +Memes

Negatives:

- Some lunch and dinner spots didn't go-to plan. I can really only blame poor planning on that.
- Hotels were "expensive". Nothing really I could do about that. Peak summer season after a year of no one traveling or planning events.
- I planned the route and was leading almost the entire time but its not my job to babysit and make sure everyone is together before we leave a stop. I cannot keep track of 20 people.
- Running into cars that would not pull over for us to pass.
- I tried to keep the hikes short but the 5 mile hike to the Sea Caves was a bit much for some.
- Google maps while initially seemed to work well. If you closed it and opened it from anywhere but the start it would re route. It also didnt work if you didnt head exactly over a waypoint.
- Walkie talkies were necessary but didn't work the best at distance or with windows down.
- Groups that broke off for different lunch places near Duluth. (Poor planning)
- I don't think I kept a fast enough pace for this group.
- stolen cheese curds

Next year:

TCG goes International, Lake Superiors circle tour would be awesome. We have always talked about going down to the Dragon. If we can pick a official centralized hotel and have everyone on their own for arrival and departure I think we can make it happen for a 4 day trip. Black Hills of South Dakota isnt much further and has amazing roads. All 3 of these options would better be a 4 day trip because of the initial drive.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Planning early is essential at least for accommodations. It was very discouraging calling hotel after hotel for Day 1 and having them tell me they have no availability. Random Friday night in some po dunk town 4 months in advance and they have no rooms available? I am lucky I found that spot in Red Wing with multiple hotels right in the same area. But same deal. I called about availability. They tell me half the hotel is open on that date. I kick the can for a week then call them again after I make the hotel thread and they have 10 rooms left. WTF. I guess making room blocks for TCG was a good idea.

Thread Info