TCG Tour 2022 Planning

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Them being reservations police... Do we take them seriously and even stop?

Not sure. I think her dad had to pay off the "cops" the 2nd time he got pulled over.

We were out there last summer. Left the Bandlands and wanted to take a cool route back to Hill City, and Custer area. Unfortunately had to drive through a reservation. When we came to the reservation border a group heavily armed Indians were guarding it not letting anyone non Indian inside because of COVID. They don't fuck around at least in that area.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I hate Wisconsin Dells but I think TCG would have a good time there. Maybe a off-season winter or early spring "tour". Convoy up together, stay at a big hotel with lots of indoor activities, some nice roads west of there if we want to cruise around in whatever vehicle you drive in the winter. Tour of Carr Valley Cheese Curd factory. Downtown bars at night?
Not a bad idea. I'm planning a short day cruise with Kass up through Monroe on to New Glarus this fall if they ever open the brewery again. There are a ton of back roads ways up to the Dells. A 3 day trip could be planned pretty easily but the mileage would be a lot less. More time for shenanigans for sure.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Not a bad idea. I'm planning a short day cruise with Kass up through Monroe on to New Glarus this fall if they ever open the brewery again. There are a ton of back roads ways up to the Dells. A 3 day trip could be planned pretty easily but the mileage would be a lot less. More time for shenanigans for sure.

Southwest Wisconsin is really nice.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I like the lake superior or lake tour idea. Another idea. Southern IL/MO/KY/TN/IN

This general area.

1630013104087.png

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Any of these:
TCG goes to Top Golf in Naperville
TCG parties at Mook Mook's for 5 minutes and then the cops get called
TCG visits Nccstud Nccstud's backyard again
TCG visits Indiana and raids DEEZUZ DEEZUZ

In the end, it's not about the destination or the scenery (which was fucking awesome btw)....but the people and the stories.

I will for sure remember "that's not your mom, that's a dude" and "daddy no likely" and.... however unfortunate it is....the tunak song :ROFLMAO: more than anything else last weekend.

No matter what is picked...if I'm not out of vacation next year and there isn't soccer, I'm in

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom
GF's family split their time between South Dakota and the East Coast when they were younger. They tell me nightmares about people getting pulled over for speeding on the res and you are put in jail. You are stuck until you have a trial with a judge and you are appointed a Indian attorney. Being non-Indian fucks you over and they can really do whatever they want to you with no recourse and don't have to follow county, state, laws.

it gets weird on the Menominee Rez if you’re not native. No jail there so everybody goes to Shawano county jail. They have Menominee county sheriffs deputy’s (jurisdiction over everyone in the county and mostly white guys as cops) and Tribal police. If tribal pulls over a white guy they have to call in Menominee county to take over as tribal only has jurisdiction on natives. Not a whole lot of room to speed on 55 anyways I’m sure we would be completely fine.

Reactions: PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I know everybody likes the tail of the dragon idea, but what about the blue ridge parkway? Seems like it wouldn’t be as extreme but still an awesome drive but I haven’t really researched it much other than I know I want to do it someday

I've said this probably a dozen times already but the tail of the dragon itself does not entice me. I can ride it once out and back and be good. Some guys like to make "runs" on it all day. Seems like I always get stuck behind a farm truck or some harley dude. I don't drive crazy or way above the speed limit but doing 15mph on the Dragon sucks. The Smokie Mountain area as a whole is great. Awesome roads everywhere. I prefer the Skyway and the Blue Ridge Parkway over the Dragon. It just sucks the initial drive to get down there.

IIRC The blue ridge parkway runs something like 500+ miles all the way up to Virginia?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think going to St Louis with TCG would be fun. My buddy and I spent a night in downtown St Louis on the way back from Texas. We were highly entertained by the Donks and car scene when we ventured out to the Taco Bell at 10PM. Donks just doing burnouts everywhere. It was like strats on roids.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think going to St Louis with TCG would be fun. My buddy and I spent a night in downtown St Louis on the way back from Texas. We were highly entertained by the Donks and car scene when we ventured out to the Taco Bell at 10PM. Donks just doing burnouts everywhere. It was like strats on roids.

• Haha
Reactions: CMNTMXR57

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Southern Illinois would be super cool if you did it right. There are a lot of winding roads with very little traffic. Rt 3 along the Mississippi River is an awesome road. Giant City State Park, Garden of the Gods, Turkey Bayou, Makanda, Kinkaid Spillway, and all the breweries/wineries in between are pretty great.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I did IL in Sept 2018 when Tour went on Hiatus. I documented it on my IG.

IG Link <----Click that to go to the first post, no good way to post all the photos from IG though.

If I recall correctly we went west to Charleston, South to Eastern St Louis, then east to Champaign, and finally north to head home. We hit a bunch of wineries along the way.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Yep

TCG Tour Day 3 (4-day)
Day 3 is all about cruising the scenic roads and soaking in the southern Illinois sights, including driving “Land Between The Lakes” and taking a half-mile hike through “Garden of the Gods Observation Trail.” 372 miles; 6 hours, 58 minutes

Start: 8:30 am departure. Hampton Inn by Hilton Bowling Green, 233 Three Springs Road, Bowling Green, KY 42104

Leg 1: From hotel to Parker’s Drive-In, through Land Between The Lakes. 3 h 22 min (173.2 miles)

To get to Land between the lakes, navigate to 1501 Donelson Pkwy Dover TN 37058. Fill up at this BP and head up through the curvy roads.

Lunch: Parker’s Drive-In 2921 Lone Oak Rd Paducah, KY 42003.

Stop 1: Garden of the Gods Observation Trail. Picnic Rd, Herod, IL 62947. GPS coordinates: 37.604853, -88.384699. Here, we’ll hike a half-mile trail and see some super sweet rocks.

Hotel:
Hampton Inn & Suites Effingham, 1305 North Keller Drive, Effingham, IL 62401. From trail to hotel, 2 h 25 min (140 mi).

Dinner: On your own. Grab some food, wash the car and meet at 8 pm. Bring booze and a lawn chair to the hotel parking lot at 8 pm.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
There was a road we drove called “land between the lakes” or something that was a blast.
And we thought we were gonna have a brawl with bikers, who just turned out to be uhmazed when they got past at 100+ by a train of cars cause they'd never seen anything like that.

• Haha

Thread Info