Tour TCG Tour 2022 Planning

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’m in for that. I’d really like to do it on the motorcycle so doing it via car first would help my planning.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Watch this. I'm going to list what I plan to have done to my car before this tour. We can compare it to when the time comes and laugh

Subframe Connectors
Torque arm
Revised exhaust because of torque arm
HVAC
wipers
Actual seat belts.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
If I have a vehicle done by then I’d love to do South Dakota. Beautiful scenery out that way.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I could plan a UP tour pretty easily. Chicago burbs to Wisconsin Northwoods via 51, north to Copper Harbor, east to Munising, then
Tahquamenon Falls. Through Escanaba and Green Bay on the way back. Many waterfalls, great driving roads, and overlooks on the way. Could also hit a brewery in Green Bay or Milwaukee on the way home.

Belvidere Tollway Oasis to Schaumburg, IL - Google Maps

1100 miles

Drago

Reaction score
I could plan a UP tour pretty easily. Chicago burbs to Wisconsin Northwoods via 51, north to Copper Harbor, east to Munising, then
Tahquamenon Falls. Through Escanaba and Green Bay on the way back. Many waterfalls, great driving roads, and overlooks on the way. Could also hit a brewery in Green Bay or Milwaukee on the way home.

1100 miles
I think instead of 51 all the way up, 55 or even 47 through the reservation just north of Shawano would be worth the jog to the East. I believe they are redoing a large portion of 55 this fall too

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score

1100 miles
I have a friend that owns a cabin on 43 acres in the Hiawatha National Forest, about 10 miles from Wetmore, MI. I can see if he'll be in the area, maybe grill up a bunch of food at his place? It's too small to sleep more than about 6-8 people, so an overnight stop wouldn't be doable. He's off NF-13 and Powell Lake Rd, both of which are fire roads. Would have to ask what kind of shape they are in as most people going through there are in trucks, and the smaller roads are sled/ATV trails.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that owns a cabin on 43 acres in the Hiawatha National Forest, about 10 miles from Wetmore, MI. I can see if he'll be in the area, maybe grill up a bunch of food at his place? It's too small to sleep more than about 6-8 people, so an overnight stop wouldn't be doable. He's off NF-13 and Powell Lake Rd, both of which are fire roads. Would have to ask what kind of shape they are in as most people going through there are in trucks, and the smaller roads are sled/ATV trails.
with that much land we can just bring tents.

TCG Weekend camp out?

DEEZUZ DEEZUZ Ranch TCG Camp Out?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I think instead of 51 all the way up, 55 or even 47 through the reservation just north of Shawano would be worth the jog to the East. I believe they are redoing a large portion of 55 this fall too
When I drove from Rhinlander to Shawano to buy snowmobile parts a few months ago the road along the river was great. Had many corners and waterfalls. My only worry is it being in the reservation.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I spent a weekend at a small airBNB on Aleck Lake in that area. It was probably 20 miles on dirt roads off the nearest paved road. Very remote. Only thing that sucked this lake was like a subdivision in the middle of nowhere. Neighbors visible on all sides. If I was that remote id never want to see anyone .

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I spent a weekend at a small airBNB on Aleck Lake in that area. It was probably 20 miles on dirt roads off the nearest paved road. Very remote. Only thing that sucked this lake was like a subdivision in the middle of nowhere. Neighbors visible on all sides. If I was that remote id never want to see anyone .
Exactly why he got this place. You could shoot off a canon and no one will hear. Come to think of it, he probably has.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Watch this. I'm going to list what I plan to have done to my car before this tour. We can compare it to when the time comes and laugh

Subframe Connectors
Torque arm
Revised exhaust because of torque arm
HVAC
wipers
Actual seat belts.

You will do every single item.....

....24 hours before the tour begins.

Drago

Reaction score
When I drove from Rhinlander to Shawano to buy snowmobile parts a few months ago the road along the river was great. Had many corners and waterfalls. My only worry is it being in the reservation.
Meh seems a lot more intimidating than it really is

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Meh seems a lot more intimidating than it really is
GF's family split their time between South Dakota and the East Coast when they were younger. They tell me nightmares about people getting pulled over for speeding on the res and you are put in jail. You are stuck until you have a trial with a judge and you are appointed a Indian attorney. Being non-Indian fucks you over and they can really do whatever they want to you with no recourse and don't have to follow county, state, laws.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Honestly the TCG crew could cruise a few hours to some hotel in a random city and still have fun. I feel like the best memories are from the hotel shenanigans. Think about when we went down to Rantoul. Does anyone remember the half mile at all? No we remember the fun and laughs we had at the Fridays next door. :rofl:

Which now looks to be Alexanders. 202 W Anthony Dr, Champaign, IL 61822

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Them being reservations police... Do we take them seriously and even stop?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I hate Wisconsin Dells but I think TCG would have a good time there. Maybe a off-season winter or early spring "tour". Convoy up together, stay at a big hotel with lots of indoor activities, some nice roads west of there if we want to cruise around in whatever vehicle you drive in the winter. Tour of Carr Valley Cheese Curd factory. Downtown bars at night?

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hate Wisconsin Dells but I think TCG would have a good time there. Maybe a off-season winter or early spring "tour". Convoy up together, stay at a big hotel with lots of indoor activities, some nice roads west of there if we want to cruise around in whatever vehicle you drive in the winter. Tour of Carr Valley Cheese Curd factory. Downtown bars at night?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom