TCG Tour 2021 - What should I bring?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I will add anything I think of to this thread as needed but here is a list to get you started.

Annual Michigan State Parks Pass - On day 3 when we visit Porcupine Mountains State Park/Lake of the Clouds we will need to pay a entrance fee. If you plan on visiting a Michigan State Park more than 3 days (in a year) purchasing a annual pass might be a good idea for you. You also bypass the line at the gate and don't have to bring cash or check. Annual pass is $34 for non-residents and you can buy online ,otherwise its $9 daily fee (cash/check) at the gate.

CASH/Check - Cash or check is the only form of payment accepted at Porcupine Mountains State Park for the daily pass. Otherwise cash is also good for group lunches and dinner where we might have to split checks.

Bathing suit - Both hotels have pools. If you plan on swimming bring a suit. I don't think the hotels or the guests want you in the nude.

Proper clothing - We could have temps between 100 degrees and freezing its August in the Midwest and we are traveling between IL and cold Lake Superior.

Mosquitoes - Northern Wisconsin and the UP have mosquitoes. If you never been to the Porcupine Mountains area the bugs could be the worst you ever experience. Bring bug spay as well as long pants and shirts.

Shoes - We will be doing some short walks/hikes. Id say about a mile at max. Please don't be the fib wearing flip flops on the hiking trail.

FRS/Two Way Radio - Some of us have used two way radio's for communication in past tours.

Group ME - We used a chat app for text communication in past tours. Talking shit. Mass messages to the group. Meme generation.

Smart Phone/Navigation - Unless you prefer paper maps I assume everyone has a smart phone or a way to navigate. The routes and way points will be done in google maps. The group WILL get separated. You will need a way to find the next stop.

IL I Pass

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Mook Mook ready the blow-up doll!

giphy.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name