TCG Tour 2021 - Scenic Views, Must see locations, Lunch/Dinner spots. SUGGESTIONS

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Our tentative route is below. I have a pretty good idea of our stops and areas of interest. Lead Pipe Lead Pipe our director of beer and food consumption has already researched lunch spots. I am also asking YOU for any recommendations along our route for us to consider. Personal experiences, places you have visited and enjoyed, etc.

• Awesome brewery your friend owns?
  • SICK road with 400 corners in 3 miles?
  • World's largest toilet that TCG MUST VISIT?
  • 12,000ft overlook where you can see 14 states?

Day 1
Belvidere Oasis Tollway Oasis to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Red Wing - Google Maps

Day 2
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Red Wing to Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, 101 Lake Shore Dr W, Ashland, WI 54806 - Google Maps

Day 3
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, 101 Lake Shore Dr W, Ashland, WI 54806 to Belvidere Oasis Tollway Oasis - Google Maps

Drago

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Shawano WI
Real Name
Tom
On day 3, we drive right through Presque Isle. My aunt owns Retreat Bar about 3 miles west of there right on Hwy W, I’m sure she’d have us all there for lunch if you guys want. It looks like it’s about an hour and a half after the lookout stop so I’m thinking that would be around lunch time

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
On day 3, we drive right through Presque Isle. My aunt owns Retreat Bar about 3 miles west of there right on Hwy W, I’m sure she’d have us all there for lunch if you guys want. It looks like it’s about an hour and a half after the lookout stop so I’m thinking that would be around lunch time

I got a really awesome offer from another Northwoods business owner in Manitowish Waters. Problem is I don't think we have enough people committed to make it financial work for her. We would be heading into Wisconsin on B so that location could work out for us. I will keep you in mind. It will probably be a late afternoon lunch/early dinner.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Yes I live about 7 miles northwest of Shawano right up the road from Red River. 55 is an awesome drive, don’t know how many more years it will be around either. There is talk of construction in the next few years eliminating a lot of turns and hills to make it ‘safer’

The road was not in the best of shape but the hills and corners were great for Wisconsin. Looked like alot of waterfalls in the area also.

Reactions: Eagle

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Ok, I am calling Best Western and adding an extra day to my confirmation. Sorry, I am just now paying attention to this. I leave for Vegas tomorrow and that trip has been on my mind.

A extra day in Ashland? Not sure you want to drive back 2 hours from our last scheduled stop in Minocqua.

If you are interested in spending a 3rd (Sunday) night I would suggest the Minocqua area...

Thread Info