Tour TCG Tour 2021 - Day 3 - Route and Itinerary

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
(Route and stops subject to change)

Day 3 - Route and Itinerary.

Wake up at your leisure. Preferably "early" if you would like to leave with the rest of the group. Eat the free breakfast at the hotel or go somewhere else. Gas up your vehicle and meet in the hotel parking lot at 830AM. We will be leaving shortly after. Todays route will take us west along highway 2 into the UP of Michigan. Our first stop will be at the Presque Isle Waterfalls. This is where you will need to pay admission to MI State Parks so bring cash. We will take a quick hike to see lake superior and some waterfalls. Alot of stairs on this hike and remember to bring bug spray. After the hike we will take the snowmobile trail through Porcupine Mountains Wilderness Park and end up at Lake of the Clouds Overlook. The view is one of my favorites so enjoy it before we head out. Our route will take us south on highway 64 back down into Northern Wisconsin. If you need gas I would suggest you get it in Bergland at the Mobil right before we cruise down the west shore of Lake Gogebic. We will drive through scenic downtown Boulder Junction on our way to Woodruff. After a quick gas stop at Kwik Trip we will stop for a late lunch or early dinner at the Boat House In Minocqua. After lunch/dinner it is about a 4.5-5 hour ride back to Streets of Woodfield. Total mileage for the day just over 500 miles and 9 hours of driving. This will be a very long day. I highly suggest you consider spending a 3rd night in the northwoods and head home Monday. I will probably be going that route.

Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, 101 Lake Shore Dr W, Ashland, WI 54806 to DICK'S Sporting Goods - Google Maps

Note: Some of the "destinations" on the Google map link are NOT stops. I plotted them so google maps routes us the way I want.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
To those that are going all the way back... I hope you don't have a lot to do at work on Monday.

OP
PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
To those that are going all the way back... I hope you don't have a lot to do at work on Monday.
It really isn't that bad of a drive "home" from Minocqua, its 2+ lane highway south of highway 8. About 4 hours if you drive like a dick, don't stop, and don't hit FIB/Wisconsin Dells traffic after the 39/90 split.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
"Home" is relative.

550 miles/9.5 hours to my place(plus stops and etc). DEEZUZ DEEZUZ you are another 45 minutes from me right? Not sure on mileage.

Of note: We took the recommended audible and got the heart shaped tub suite in Wisconsin Dells for Sunday night. (y)

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea definitely a long haul but completely do able. Have done it before.

Just have cruise control. I've not had cruise control every single tour and the pain in my knee/ankle is absolutely horrific.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea definitely a long haul but completely do able. Have done it before.

Just have cruise control. I've not had cruise control every single tour and the pain in my knee/ankle is absolutely horrific.
Just put a brick on the pedal and go flat out.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's doable for sure. I just did this last Saturday. Can't wait to do it twice in the same month lol

Drago

Reaction score
My aunt owns a bar right in Presque Isle Wi on our route about 5 minutes south of the UP border, I’ll probably swing in there for lunch/dinner if she’s around and catch up with you guys in Minoqua.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom