TCG Tour 2021 - Day 1 - Route and Itinerary

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
(Route and stops subject to change. I will be sharing the route and Itinerary for each day every few weeks until the weekend of the Tour)

Day 1 - Route and Itinerary.

Meet at The Belvidere Oasis (West Bound). We will be departing at 8:45AM sharp. Please come with a FULL tank of gas. Our route will take us east on 90 towards Rockford. Shortly after Belvidere we will take Route 20 West towards Galena and Dubuque. From there we will take highway 61 north to Potosi Brewery for a tour and lunch. I anticipate we will arrive around lunch time. After lunch we will take Route 133 (The Great River Road) north along the Mississippi to a gas stop in Prairie Du Chien. (This will be at about 225 miles of driving from Schaumburg). We will continue on on highway 35 north along the river until we make it to La Crosse and Grandad Bluff. After we will head north on Route 14 through Winona and on to a quick stop at a overlook just outside of Redwing. I anticipate we arrive in Redwing around 6PM. Google shows ~7.5 hours and 380 miles of driving for day 1. Check in at the hotel and free time until 8PM dinner at Rancho Loco Bar (next door). Parking lot shenanigans to follow.

Belvidere Tollway Oasis to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Red Wing, an IHG Hotel, 1919 Old W Main St, Red Wing, MN 55066 - Google Maps

Note: Some of the "destinations" on the Google map link are NOT stops. I plotted them so google maps routes us the way I want.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Galena-Trolley2.jpg

the-fenelon-place-elevator-in34235c-800x800.jpg

9e0ca928fc286b6209b5aee8aa3eed60.jpg

a804fd98f7931f4c0f09240df59cd924.jpg

img_2018-07_TrueNorth_Winona_KariYearous1_X.jpg

4079799c3bd8a035be9fded39e7f609e.jpg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Looks like you guys will be driving by Blaum Bros Distillery, you guys should stop there! I've got some of their stuff, it's pretty good and local! I got it at a place here in Yorkville and I've never been onsite to their location.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
fucking awesome roads you guys will be on.

i think i've already said this but the wisco part is kinda slower, one lane each direction then the MN part is mainly two lanes in each direction rippin'.

way awesome.

7.5 hours of driving is alot. I tried to shave off some time but unless we take I94 for most of the way to Redwing its all about the same. Interesting the "TCG Tour Route" is only 40 miles more than taking Google Maps fastest highway route. So hopefully we can shave some time with excessive speeding.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
7.5 hours of driving is alot. I tried to shave off some time but unless we take I94 for most of the way to Redwing its all about the same. Interesting the "TCG Tour Route" is only 40 miles more than taking Google Maps fastest highway route. So hopefully we can shave some time with excessive speeding.

the minnesota side you should be able to make up time... the wisco side i dunno if you'll be able to. not really anywhere to pass and a solid amount of traffic typically.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
17-18 gallon tank + 8.4 mpg on E85 does not get me far.

If I am on 93 I can probably stretch to over 200 driving niceish.

I hope you consider running 93 or have a flex fuel sensor. Gas stops will be at Kwik Trips (E85 available) and hotel's have Kwik Trip's near by. But day 3 might be very close for you. No Kwik Trip's in the UP and none along Route 2 between Ashland and Hurley either.

Edit: Actually the only real (Mobil) gas station at all east of Wakefield and north Boulder Junction along our route is in Bergland. Some pumps at bars around but I don't think you want to fill up there. :rofl:

Capture.JPG

Thread Info