TCG Tour 2021 (August 20th-22nd) - Official Hotel Thread

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
TCG does FIVE States and 1000 miles. Mississippi River and Lake Superior Tour 2021.

I wanted to get the details about the "official" hotels out so people can plan early. I cannot stress enough that rooms need to be booked ASAP. These hotels as well as others in the area are almost booked to capacity at of the time of this post. EVERYONE will be traveling this summer if covid restrictions continue to be relaxed. Room rates are also high due to peak travel season in those areas. PANDA was able to secure SMALL discounted room blocks with hotel management. But that does not mean you can procrastinate, the blocks expire well before the arrival dates. Posted below our Official TCG Tour Hotels. If you are unable to secure a room or don't like my choices feel free to stay where you want. Red Wing has plenty of choices but you may be out of luck in Ashland. Unfortunately I think your best bet to book using the block is to call the hotels directly. BOOK NOW.

Friday August 20th, 2021
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Red Wing - SOLD OUT 4/12/21
holiday-inn-express-and-suites-red-wing-5590372822-4x3.jpg

Address: 1919 Old W Main St, Red Wing, MN 55066
Phone: (651) 327-2225
Block/Group Code: MRB
Rate:
$150 or $160 for the high roller suite.

Alternate TCG Hotel (Right next door)

AmericInn by Wyndham Red Wing
1819 Old W Main St, Red Wing, MN 55066

I do NOT have a group block at the AmericInn hotel. As of 4/12/21 hotel is at 50% capacity.

Saturday August 21st, 2021

Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon - SOLD OUT 5/31/21
62602410_XL.jpg

Address: 101 Lake Shore Dr W, Ashland, WI 54806
Phone: (715) 682-9095
Block/Group Code: TCG or The Chicago Garage
Rate:
$210 per night

Like I said. Please book ASAP and call the hotels directly for best results.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The best western one isn't a block code at all....at least per the idiot I spoke with...she was dense. Hopefully the rate goes down once they figure it out lol. Anyways, booked the rooms, requested Friday and Monday off. :fy:

Did you call the local hotel number? Maybe routed to corporate that late at night? I was told you just need to tell them you are with a group. TCG or The Chicago Garage. You can also use group #1085. Looking on my invoice it is a slightly discounted rate in Ashland. $210 before tax.

I will call the hotel today if others are having issues booking.

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
Did you call the local hotel number? Maybe routed to corporate that late at night? I was told you just need to tell them you are with a group. TCG or The Chicago Garage. You can also use group #1085. Looking on my invoice it is a slightly discounted rate in Ashland. $210 before tax.

I will call the hotel today if others are having issues booking.

Yeah, I called the hotel directly. Like I said, I think the lady was just a little dense. I'm going to call back today and check on it

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Just booked the last room in the Red Wing block. There are only 2 rooms left in the entire hotel for the 20th. Both are handicapable, one double queen and one double king.

I will call them and see if I can add any more to the block. If you are looking online, availability is not always true. Good news is there is 6 other hotels within walking distance to the Holiday Inn in Redwing. But the Holiday Inn is only two years old so I figured that was the best choice for TCG.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I will call them and see if I can add any more to the block. If you are looking online, availability is not always true. Good news is there is 6 hotels within walking distance to the Holiday Inn in Redwing.
I talked to someone on the phone. Block is full, only 2 rooms left in the entire hotel for the 20th. You're welcome to try.

Thread Info