TCG Tour 2017 Teaser

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
[MENTION=702]SleeperLS[/MENTION], are you and the wife planning on making the trip up?

I would like to. I am going to try for sure. Will most likely be in the truck, but might end up with a rental if I have to fly back. It all depends on work as I am finding a new job here and not sure what days off will look like.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
He's fine. Taking a break. If you have his contact info, reach out to him. :D

As for hitting 160... I can vouch that this likely DID occur on both TCGT1 and TCGT2.

I don't have any contact info, just met him a few times at some meets and the tour. Nice guy, miss his mafless shenanigans. Wife and I were eating lunch with him on the first tour when it looked like he just got hit by a bus of an idea. Then said... you know what, I don't think I plugged my maf back in. I hate those realizations.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
3595cd5eab506111f5ea18be8def9266.jpg

fireball dan has that covered. i can't stand the stuff

Agreed. Don't like it and it does not get along with me very well.

Bunch of sallys :rofl:
:gayy:

fireball dan :bowrofl:

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

The route through the woods that Dan, MikeS3, Mark, and I took put us up against 6 state troopers lol. Once we cleared them we hammered down again :rofl:

Considering how fast your group was going, I'm surprised we headed you off :cool:

Yeah that was the portion where I said fuck it and if the C3 was gonna break it was gonna be during that stretch of the tour when we were miles ahead of the 2nd group. 350ci motor running 100+mph at 4k rpm for almost an hour. Felt like I was NASCAR-ing the thing lmao. Btw Redline for that car is 5,500 iirc. 13.7mpg FTMFW!

im also going to be driving 7 hours longer because i have a 3.5 hr drive each way just to get up to you guys. regardless, im going to plan on making the trip.

Do it bud. If anything I can let you shack up at my house the night prior if you would like. To help shave some time off the trip for ya. At least it gets you 3.5 hours ahead.

Fire man Dan with the c3
Out in lasalle county somewhere

I dont think the C3 will be making a reunion lake tour... Lol We will go with the C5 with the dual alternators and the J-lo C6 upgrade :rofl:

As for hitting 160... I can vouch that this likely DID occur on both TCGT1 and TCGT2.

I for one did not hit 160mph on TCGT1. But I do have evidence that Eagle did eclipse 140mph during TCGT1 :s00ls:

As for hitting 160 on TCGT2 I can vouch for that as I seen the back of Dan's car slowwwwwwly creep past me.

Also TCGT2 is when I infamously rolled a "stock" red C5 Z06 w/ too... #ButThatsNoneOfMyBusiness :s00ls:

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
damn, i want to join so bad, but i don't know if i trust my car. everyone on the forums always talk about how unreliable the 335i is, it has me scared. haha.

Risk it. I took the Evo the first two times. The first one, I broke the clutch, had a small meltdown in front of everyone and towed the car home. Second time, car was a rock. Point is, risk it. Its worth it. I had no regrets.

Dude if my truck and firemandan's c3 vette made it your 335 will :rofl:

To be fair, BMW's are 0/2 on surviving tours so far #PavementshreddingZ06

In all seriousness, look at it this way- You can be damn sure if anyone has car trouble, it's not like there won't be extensive support from everyone.

Had it just been Kevin and us alone when we broke down this last year would have been one of the worst times ever. Having everyone stick with us and help us get home made it worthwhile.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
To be fair, BMW's are 0/2 on surviving tours so far #PavementshreddingZ06

In all seriousness, look at it this way- You can be damn sure if anyone has car trouble, it's not like there won't be extensive support from everyone.

Had it just been Kevin and us alone when we broke down this last year would have been one of the worst times ever. Having everyone stick with us and help us get home made it worthwhile.

haha, great motivation speech. i guess we will be 0/3 when i make this trip. lol. and no one will know i broke down, ill probably be in the back of the pack because the wife will be yelling that i am driving to fast. :rollpicard: but, i do know there will be plenty of support, just being that far from home would be expensive, as if i can't fix it up there, i have a 4 hour drive home in which ill have to pay someone to tow the turd. let's just hope i don't break, but that's kind of liking hoping that i see a unicorn. :hsughlol:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Is it a for sure deal for 4 days? 3 days would be easier to pull off.....

I remember reading in the 2015 thread that 3 days was just too much driving between stops. So 2016 was done 3/4 days. I ended up doing 3.5 days. Finished the 3rd day out and just made an early trip back home instead of doing the final stop.

Thread Info