Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The 2021 Season is underway!

Media thread updated weekly - https://www.thechicagogarage.com/threads/tcg-thursdays-pics-videos-updated-weekly.176980/

When: Every Thursday (weather permitting) starting at 7pm and going until whenever

Where: Parking Address (opens map) (1310 E Algonquin Rd, Algonquin, IL 60102)

You have Amuzgo & Chubby's for eats and we're set back off Algonquin Rd so we shouldn't have too many randoms show up. The cops are aware that we will be hanging out here on Thursdays and are fine with it...just pick up your trash and don't be an asshole.

This will be EVERY Thursday, weather pending. Tell your friends, assemble your crew, and see you Thursday!

I've updated the parking map for Thursdays. I want to try and move cars away from business parking (not that its used much) and eliminate any chance for shopping center patrons to bitch and moan about parking being taken by non customers. I also want to start using the other empty lot, as opposed to just crowding the main lot.

1621815060733.png

JimmyGT

Regular
TCG Premium
May 22, 2016
Bartlett
Real Name
Jimmy
When: Every Thursday (weather permitting) starting at 6:30pm and going until whenever
Where: Amuzgo Mexican Cuisine

I had 3 steak tacos last night, delicious.

View attachment 66216

With Lukes unfortunately coming to an abrupt end, we would have been left scrambling to find a replacement spot BUT the start immediately aligned and I met Jerry AT Lukes and he told me about his new restaurant right next to our old hangout, Chubby's. I hadn't visited that lot in a few years and when we all migrated over there last night, I was blown away by how much it had changed. All new asphalt and concrete. All new lights. All the buildings had been updated and also includes more fancy lighting. Its turned into THE perfect spot.

You have Amuzgo & Chubby's for eats, we're set back off Algonquin Rd so we shouldn't have too many randoms show up AND the cops rolled through last night, we gave them the heads up that we'll be there and they're cool with it (just pick up after ourselves and don't leave like assholes). Things honestly could not have worked out better.

This will be EVERY Thursday starting next week. I will continue to do my FB teases without revealing the location, as that has seemed to work out well. Tell your friends, assemble your crew, and see you Thursday!

(I'm going to head back to the lot tonight to grab some pics for you guys. You're gonna love it).

I might stop by the restaurant tonite to check out the food.

Reactions: Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just got off the phone with Jerry. He is super excited to be working with us for Thursday and other events as well. We're gonna work on setting a schedule for other locations for the rest of the season, so definitely stay tuned for that.

This really all worked out perfectly. It's unfortunate how it all came about but it definitely has a happy ending.

Reactions: JimmyGT

Thread Info