TCG Thursday Nights, 2022 Season | Algonquin *CANCELED*

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Soooo I have to say, in the few years we have done/ attended this spot, last night was nearly at absolute capacity . Started off pretty crappy with regular old traffic taking some of the spots at 6:30 but then something happened as a plethora of random Porsche GT2 and GT3's with the Weissach package start pulling in , Lamborghini Huracan Performante , and Mercedes SLS . The youth were oddly in check with only one asshat in a Raptor with so many lightbars on it, it had to be running multiple batteries in series, did a big burnout for some stupid ass reason.

My personal highlight was when a random kid pulls into the aisle where most of our TCG cars were with a bike and plants his feet down like he is going to do a burnout. The young man failed miserably to get the rear tire to spin and kept yelling out to the crowd " oh man its the clutch , the clutch is slipping" Mind you this was a mid 2014-2018 model and the clutch was well up to the task of spinning the rear tire. But the best was when a scantily clad chick yelled over" knock it off , you are going to ruin the spot for everyone" . The guy was soundly defeated, nodded to her and muttered" yea thats fair" and put the bike in first gear and rode off.

I left at 9:30 and was hearing " performance " still rumble past my house heading to Randall deep into the 11pm range but all in all it was a fun night.
Pics of said scantily clad chick.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
NOT SURE IF RELATED. I saw a handicapped van with a motorized wheelchair on the back pull into the lot close to 9 AM. Not sure if they were there to hang out and check out the cars or if they had some shopping to do at Dollar Tree. If I was handicapped and some dickbag was parked in my spot and other cars were pretty much taking up the entire lot I would probably be mad. That's a good excuse for a business to call the cops and get the "party" broken up also. OR someone complained about the kids drinking and smoking. Probably best TCG wipe our hands clean from this spot.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I thought you had the ok from the businesses to be where the group is cordoned off to be.
We had the ok from a restaurant that isn't in the lot. The cops have always turned a watchful blind eye (I've spoken to them a few times in person)... But I suspect when literally every spot was filled, the businesses that remain open past 9 got fed up. Who knows. This was going to happen sooner or later.

I pulled our name from the event a few weeks back...it just got to be too much to call it our own.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I don't know exact times. Wasn't paying attention. I left sometime around 10. I think they showed up maybe around 930/945?

Someone else would have to guess the time.

I sent a text to the group at 9:39PM saying I almost got hit by a bike running a red light. I was leaving as the 2nd cop rolled in with sirens blazing so maybe 9:35PM?

Thread Info