Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
VERY quiet day. But it gave me a chance to eat some Red for a change. Got the viva la king (I think its called?). Tons of their version of french toast...peanut butter sauce, bacon and bananas. It was absolutely fucking amazing. I couldnt even finish it and thats saying a lot for me :rofl:

1627234872274.png

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
VERY quiet day. But it gave me a chance to eat some Red for a change. Got the viva la king (I think its called?). Tons of their version of french toast...peanut butter sauce, bacon and bananas. It was absolutely fucking amazing. I couldnt even finish it and thats saying a lot for me :rofl:

View attachment 95241
I do not understand how you are so skinny lol

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida

View attachment 95241

Ya, that gives me chest pain just looking at it. Probably tastes fantastic.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
And I appreciate the advice, sorry I dragged your brain back into work!
No worries at all! Had an awesome time chatting with you!

Teh DEEZUZ and I have an ongoing thing with broken navistars.

All seriousness T444E/7.3 powerstrokes, pre emission DTs are good engines. Good era for them. Your other project is really interesting.

Really loved your rat rod (am i correct?). Very very cool. Neat to see it because i have an itch to own something like that to tinker with.

64Rambler

Sep 21, 2017
No worries at all! Had an awesome time chatting with you!

Teh DEEZUZ and I have an ongoing thing with broken navistars.

All seriousness T444E/7.3 powerstrokes, pre emission DTs are good engines. Good era for them. Your other project is really interesting.

Really loved your rat rod (am i correct?). Very very cool. Neat to see it because i have an itch to own something like that to tinker with.

Well, everything is for sale! Send me contact info if you want to talk, I’m at the stage where something has to leave if I want to build something new.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
There is no priming huei. Just crank.

You can try to reverse engineer and fill the reservoir, fill the heads, but to no advantage. A 7.3 with injectors pulled out and hpop pulled should start within 1 minute of crank time.

And yes you can crank no issues with a good starter for that long.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
There is no priming huei. Just crank.

You can try to reverse engineer and fill the reservoir, fill the heads, but to no advantage. A 7.3 with injectors pulled out and hpop pulled should start within 1 minute of crank time.

And yes you can crank no issues with a good starter for that long.
Theres an iKnow article on injector dry firing. Unplug the cam sensor and crank over a few times. Also navistars using mechanical fuel pumps rather than electric like Fords (unless first gen 7.3 PS has cam driven fuel pump in valley like T444E) no other way to prime the fuel side. Was a regular thing at the dealer to see reman inj's bite the dust a month or sooner after an overhaul by guys not doing that. Hell, a complete hack and idiot i worked with would use ether on fresh overhaul. Guaranteed comback repair ticket. Navistars reman injectors are also pretty iffy quality.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Mook Mook can split all this.

Within 1-3 key on cycles 30 seconds each, powerstrokes with electric pumps so super duties all had good clean fuel ready to fire. With mechanical trucks only thing you can do is crank, maybe fill the bowl to help. Or hook up an external lift pump but really there is no damage going on.

The issues were definitely the reman ih hueis. Garbage according to my fuel guys.

But for oil side, just crank, there's nothing actuating in there until they hit 500 psi, so no dry firing of any kind.

This is how I diagnose if for some reason I don't have a scan tool. If you crank a 7.3 and can hear injectors clacking thag means icp system is fine, move into a fuel side diagnosis. If you here no clacking or actuating then you got a oil side issue either mechanical or demand

Thread Info