Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm probably in next weekend if the weather is nice. I went to a C&C in the south suburbs yesterday to meet up with a couple friends and I felt like I was cheating Mook Mook
I'll never tell you guys not to check out other events. Weekends are jam packed. I will complain, for sure, but I'll never actually hold a grudge for enjoying other shit going on.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'll never tell you guys not to check out other events. Weekends are jam packed. I will complain, for sure, but I'll never actually hold a grudge for enjoying other shit going on.

It honestly gave me a new appreciation for the Elgin C&C. I like that it's a small to medium sized group with mostly mature people and familiar faces. The one in New Lenox yesterday was getting pretty rowdy. I saw 2 or 3 close calls with people getting sideways when leaving.

• Wow
Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It honestly gave me a new appreciation for the Elgin C&C. I like that it's a small to medium sized group with mostly mature people and familiar faces. The one in New Lenox yesterday was getting pretty rowdy. I saw 2 or 3 close calls with people getting sideways when leaving.
That one gets pretty big, ya?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have our Elgin spot be a PREMIER C&C location but all of these blow up on FB and eventually get fucked. I would rather our spot continue to grow organically. If 100 is the max amount of cars we see (which has already happened once or twice), then thats fine. Consistency is key.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
That's the right way to go about it. I wouldn't push it much further on social media. 50-75 cars is pretty enjoyable and there is always a really nice variety. It's growing nicely at a sustainable rate. I'm not very interested in seeing 100 stock coyote Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros cruising in with their pop and bang tunes through straight piped exhaust.

Plus Red Poppy has already run out of french toast once :LOL:

Reactions: BOTTLEFED

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
That sucks, Greasy. Poor car just can't stay minty. :cry:

I've seen that could also be a problem cruising with cars that have sticky tires. They grip and throw a lot more debris too. Day one of owning my car, a GTR with drag radials showered my car with small pebbles. Luckily the worst damage was a rip in the front clear bra. It is a shame when it happens. But when you drive them to enjoy them, things can happen.

It also is a shame the roads in this state are crumbling apart leaving debris everywhere. :mad:

or Eagle Eagle in his corvette pulling up a road and tossing it on not 1 but 2 bmw's and destroying them.

• Wow
Reactions: Pressure Ratio

slow4.6

TCG Elite Member
Mar 20, 2006

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Feedback needed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yay or nay? Just need something that will draw the eye for IG and FB.

1623804047670.png

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Feedback needed.

This has been rescheduled. Sunday is all TCG.

Thread Info