TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Found out an entire drive sprocket was missing off the driveshaft. Took it out when we had snow, started to turn and the sled just stopped. Had to limp it back into the barn. Found a guy on CL selling a pair of drive sprockets in Allenton but I’m not 100% sure they fit, despite him saying so. The part number is supposedly 78-80 Scorpion Whip, and the holes look close enough to be correct.

Finally got around to ripping it apart. If those sprockets are correct, this thing will 100% be ready to rip. I’ll figure out a seat eventually. Rear suspension was seized up, got that unstuck and now have a whopping 3” of travel. Chain case was thick mud that was once oil, ran ATF through it and let it spin for a few minutes, drained, repeat about 5 times and cleaned up the case and chain decently. Need to get a working taillight and troubleshoot the headlight as well. Neither worked but I ran new wiring to the taillight and with my test light I have both running and brake light when the brake is squeezed. Probably just going to get a single trailer light from the auto store and fashion an L bracket to hold it to the tunnel. Need a new flap, just going to grab some flexible polyurethane and rivet it on. Going full Larry Enticer on this old bitch.

View attachment 142164

View attachment 142165

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
sexy donald trump GIF by Bubble Punk

who the hell needs a seat?

fuckin' ditch bangin' good time right there

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Season is close! I’ve got both my machines up north (they never came home). Need to get up there a bit ahead of the next event and get them pulled out and ready. Not much to do really… except the Polaris needs its starter replaced. It’s got a crazy squeal when you crank it with the e-start - but its had that from day one and pull starts provided its not -20F outside…. Then you can forget about it. :rofl:

?

Dunno if it was all the outdoor time with the sis this past summer, but I can’t wait for this season!

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Season is close! I’ve got both my machines up north (they never came home). Need to get up there a bit ahead of the next event and get them pulled out and ready. Not much to do really… except the Polaris needs its starter replaced. It’s got a crazy squeal when you crank it with the e-start - but its had that from day one and pull starts provided its not -20F outside…. Then you can forget about it. :rofl:

?

Dunno if it was all the outdoor time with the sis this past summer, but I can’t wait for this season!
10 day season, COMING SOON!

soon GIF

Reactions: Lead Pipe

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I got 7 trips last season. Old crew members are back on the scene tho, so hoping to push for a trip out west this year too… and all the possible trips up north I can handle.
Our crew or another crew? Remember, I live 5 miles from our morning stop now.

I also still have my passport that I never used to go to Canada. :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
In a surprising turn of events, all the electrical still works, including the heated grips. Im amazed that the mice that destroyed the seat didn’t eat the insulation. Then again, it’s not made of soybeans. Bought an identical trailer taillight and wired it up. The auto parts store also had a precut/bent mounting tab for that light so I drilled holes matching the tunnel holes and have a nice sturdy mount for it. Headlight wiring is fine, apparently the “light” position on the ignition is funky so after jiggling it, I got both lights, and even the speedo light, working. This thing is surprisingly solid and I’m amazed after ~7 years of sitting, virtually nothing is wrong, minus the drive sprocket.

Literally the only thing I need is the sprocket and she’s a ripper. A seat would be cool. A snow flap would be nice but fan cooled brah, no heat exchanger so it’s merely to not be “that guy.” Oh and snow :rofl:

View attachment 142327

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info