:rofl:

phazer.JPG

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
What does a sled rescue like that entail, cost, insurance cover it, and is the engine fucked?

It really depends on how complex the rescue is. On the chain most of these sleds are only in like 3 or 4ft of water. My guess even a simple tow is still $500. The Sleds are usually OK if you dry it out and drain/refill all the fluids.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Gen5 SkiDoo pretty sick. They finally did away with that shit clasp system for the side panels known to break off with any kind of impact, including your own knee. They finally brought the Lynx platform to the US as well.

Of course, right after I got a killer deal on a left-over 21.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not that I want electric snowmobiles but that is probably the route that is eventually coming.

It'll be interesting to see what their claimed range(s) are, and how sub-freezing/sub-zero temperatures affect them. If you're in a locale area you might be okay for having a charging infrastructure. But can't see anyone that is "off the grid" being remotely interested in them.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
It'll be interesting to see what their claimed range(s) are, and how sub-freezing/sub-zero temperatures affect them. If you're in a locale area you might be okay for having a charging infrastructure. But can't see anyone that is "off the grid" being remotely interested in them.

The Northwoods and UP have about zero charging infrastructure for cars publically at this time. The amount of Tesla bros I see driving "up north" is increasing tho. My guess is they are changing them at their vacation home. I guess an electric sled can work for some people that like todo low mile local trips. But it's not like you will ever be able to pull up to a bar and plug your sled in. I don't see electric sleds being welcomed by most riders. But like cars my guess is the tree huggers, feds, EPA, bla bla bla will try to "mandate" them.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Anyone who actually rides sleds probably saw this already but a major trail closure up in the UP. New owners of ski hill removed snowmobile trail permission. Cut-off trail access that connects east UP to west UP. You can get around but you need to go way south through Wisconsin and Mercer. The ski hill owner says "insurance" as the reason. The post has been shared 1700+ times and even the local news outlets did reports on it. I am not sure why a resolution can't be agreed opon, especially from a ski hill owner with such deep pockets and hundreds of acres of land. I think the insurance issue is related to sleds riding off trail, but not sure how this issue was dealt with under previous ownership for decades. I feel you can insure yourself against anything these days.

1664195975012.png

Thread Info