TCG Snowmobiling Discussion

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
TCG Premium
Dec 1, 2017
Chicago, IL
The only way I could see him losing money is if he somehow leases these sleds from Skidoo or a sled wholesaler or something like that. Let’s say he leases them for up to 5,000 miles. I could have shaved off 2-3 more possible rentals on that machine before he has to give it back.

On a side note... Wanted to mention I drove the Turbo Prix up there and it rode like a champ! The car was a passing machine on those 2 lane country highways.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The only way I could see him losing money is if he somehow leases these sleds from Skidoo or a sled wholesaler or something like that. Let’s say he leases them for up to 5,000 miles. I could have shaved off 2-3 more possible rentals on that machine before he has to give it back.

On a side note... Wanted to mention I drove the Turbo Prix up there and it rode like a champ! The car was a passing machine on those 2 lane country highways.

More plausible answer than the sled is worth less with a few hundred more miles on it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
These dicks charging me more for miles. It's not like it'd be worth any less for just a few hundred miles. Wtf. Fuckers.

Screenshot_20200225-183225~2.png

lefty

Addict
Aug 23, 2015
Man there are some good deals popping up. How many miles/trips did you get this season? Went up to the UP 5 times, put on a little over 1000 miles in between shooting, ice fishing, partying and wrenching. Smoked 2 belts(they were old) and melted a hole in the center of a piston (Had that motherfucker repaired in the next day)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
:cry:

54th Hay Days Postponed to 2021

A month ago, we communicated a decision to proceed with planning for the upcoming Hay Days with the expectation that the COVID-19 infection rate would continue to decline and that we could establish a workable preparedness plan that would keep our guests safe. At the same time, we set a goal of preserving as much of the Hay Days experience as possible. Unfortunately, given the current reality that COVID cases are on the rise in many areas, we have decided it is in the best interest of everyone involved to postpone Hay Days for the first time in 54 years.

Our decision to postpone was incredibly difficult to make, but ultimately we believe it is the right one. We know there will be many disappointed vendors and fans, and we appreciate the overwhelming support we have received for the initial decision to move ahead with the event. We understand the importance of Hay Days to the powersports community and feel a deep responsibility to our vendors and fans to host the annual event. However, keeping in mind that attendees historically travel to Hay Days from over 30 states and several Canadian provinces, we must look at the bigger picture with respect to the risks involved. It would not be practical to implement a mitigation plan utilizing current guidelines without severely impacting both the vendor and spectator experience.
The planning and preparation already done for Hay Days 2020 will carry forward to 2021. As a thank you to our loyal fans, we are planning online giveaways and other engagement opportunities to mark the “Official Start of Winter” in the tradition of Hay Days. Please watch haydays.com, follow us on Facebook, or join our mailing list to get the latest information.
We hope you will join us in looking forward to next year’s Hay Days, when the “Official Start of Winter” moves to September 11-12, 2021.
Sno Barons Snowmobile Club

Reactions: Eagle

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
About a month ago they said it was ON with some social distancing procedures. My guess is the organizers were getting heat from government, and or sponsors. OR they realized they couldn't possibly social distance this event and have the same experience. I want to say its 2nd biggest event in MN. I am OK with the decision also. I told myself unless it gets alot better come September I am not going. The event is a real shit-show and you are butt to nutt with everyone on Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: Eagle

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Haydays would have been this weekend but obviously is canceled. I always look forward to the "start of winter" but not this year.

However this weekend you got two "haydays alternative" events. One in Eagle River, WI at the Derby Track and another at the ERXPO in Elk River MN.

Not sure how either is allowed to happen. All large events that I know of were canceled in Vilas County this year and this ERXPO place is less than a hour from the Haydays location. My guess is all these events are being canceled by the organizers and not at the county/state level. These events are kinda a spit in the face for the snow barons of Haydays also. They are both obviously capitalizing on the reputation and success of Haydays. Sounds like these will be the only shows this fall also with the Wausau and Belvedere swaps cancelled and the Snowmobile USA shows.

Thread Info