TCG race day bracket racing!!!!

Should you be allowed to change your dial in between runs?

• YES

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Bob (SDD) will be in charge of the bracket racing at the track, but I will help organize the event in this thread.

RULES

-The bracket race will consist of TCG member cars with the owner driving ONLY.

-The buy in will be 10 dollars per car, and must be paid before we start racing.

-You must have your dial in marked CLEARLY on a drivers side window.

-Only first and second place will cash, it will be an 80/20 payout.

THIS RULE IS UP FOR VOTE, SHOULD YOU BE ALLOWED TO CHANGE YOUR DIAL IN AFTER EACH RUN???? PLEASE VOTE IN THIS THREAD

PRIZES

Thanks to some generous vendors we have some nice prizes for the bracket racing winners!

SDD will be donating trophies for 1st and 2nd place,
SDD will also be donating trophies for the fastest FWD and RWD TCG members at the meet, not just in bracket racing. Time slips for fastest cars will need to go through Bob and Mook.

WBS will donate upper poly motor mounts or half off a MPS system to the fastest stock or press on 3800 SC.
Perfect Auto Finish also will donate half off a full detail to the winner.

from Riski: I will donate 100.00 Coupon to the winner, and 50.00 for runner up from my store Cort Furniture in Carol Stream

We are working on other sponsers for additional prizes, this post will be kept updated.

Not sure if there will be 30 people who join, but I think we should put a limit of 30 racers, otherwise there may not be enough daylight for us to finish...thoughts?

Please post if you plan to join the bracket race! Also if you could include your real name as well
TCG Members who are bracket racing:

1. phat_ridegt (Dan Ostby)
2. TommyGloves
3.SnailblazerSS
4.Allmachtige (MAYBE)
5.Kristen(SDD)
6.John Warner
7.10secsomeday

Last edited:
OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
byron doesnt allow bikes to run next to cars so i dont think that will happen...unless someone wants to get that going

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
byron doesnt allow bikes to run next to cars so i dont think that will happen...unless someone wants to get that going
I know this.....Let bikes in the rounds since we are running off times, whoever the car and bike gets matched up with, goes off dial in and actual time slip....loser is out and winner goes on to the next round :dunno:

OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
bikes can have their own rounds, but its not fair to ASSume that a car would have beat this bike, or vise versa...if you have enough bikes running, they can have their own bracket racing.

but since cars cant run against bikes, theres no way to do a fair bracket race between them

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
How is there not a fair way? If a car says it is going to run 12.50 and runs a 12.54 and th bike says it will run a 10.40 and runs a 10.45.....The car would win since it was closer to its dial in time..... :dunno:

OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
what about reaction time? staging wars? its apples to oranges...

if the guy that runs 12.54 is .2 ahead off the tree then he wins...too much math and bullcrap

OutlawJohn

winter time drunk
Reaction score
fuck that lol ill bring the daily driver.... my grand cherokee gotta take first place lol it would be real consistent

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Im down to bracket race. Just need a couple runs with my current setup to see what its going to ET.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Reaction score
If you do the convoy it should put u at the track at open adn can get a few blasts down before everyone gets there,....

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Put me in as a maybe too, my trans is NOT happy going into the 2-3 shift and i don't know why. If i can figure it out by then i'll do it, if it's still acting up it might not see more than a run or two the whole day.

OP
P

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
my trans isnt happy with it either...adjust the shift times, it helped mine...i also added the transgo shift kit...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well i have the trans go, it's only the 2-3 shift, idk if it's the maf being maxed out or what. Really starting to tick me off though cause it shifted just fine before this setup. I raised the pressures which helped a lot but with just a 50shot it's slipping again. Idk what else to do, the shift times are like .075 or so.

EDIT: .025 just looked :tear: i hope it's not f-ed up...

PANDA

Reaction score
10sec u still bringing both race cars?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom