TCG property attorneys inside!

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Got a piece of property in Wisconsin that's 2 family owned.

There's one 50% owner and 2 25% owners. One 25%er is my mom which will be me Soon. The other 25% is unfortunately part of our family. It's a ex wife of an uncle(deceased) and she is your typical scum bag cunt.

She's been wanting to sell her piece to me for years but I'm not giving her a dime.

So I've been waiting for years and years of taxes and insurance to build up so I can say that I can just wipe out her debts in exchange for her percent.

The only one that's been paying for anything is the other 50%ers and I've been giving them random checks to try to keep up our families side.

The place ain't worth Jack, more so just sentimental.

Any input?

If she won't sign it over, it's not like she can sell her 25% to someone random, who would want that?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Get it appraised, offer her 1/4 less whatever she owes in arrears.

If you want to be nasty, sue her for the money she owes and take the land instead if she offers it.

As long as she isn't paying anything, what's her incentive to get rid of the place?

Disclaimer: Talk to a lawyer about your options as far as this whole mess. I am not an attorney.

If you don't want to do any of that, sell your 1/4 to the people who own 1/2 and walk away. Life's too short...

Or, sell the place and split up the $$.

I get the emotional bit but, it you want it that badly, buy everyone out. Multiple owners of property, especially from different families is not an easy way to own real estate.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well never have an issue with the other 50.

She doesnt want it at all, it probably disgusts her as much and she does to us. She wants the money.

She a real big cunt. Once I get my name on it I wouldn't mind taking it to court, she's got no leg to stand on. I can even throw the $5k we paid for the new well on there too I imagine since it's maintenence.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

It's been a long time, but IIRC if the title is tenants in common instead of joint tenancy you can file a lien against the party that isn't paying their share of the joint expenditures.
When I owned my rentals properties with a relative we had it like that so our kids got our share and could sell out if they didn't want to be in the rental business if one of us died.
Instead of joint tenancy which gives our share to the partner.

Of course only an actual lawyer would know the exact answer.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
My advice is try to figure out what the lawyer may cost you to do this. I'd think there's not a small chance you'd be better off swallowing your pride and cutting her a check for the property-expenses. Don't forget to factor in time to go to court etc. You may get lucky but if she's willing to fight you for the piece of property (even/especially if it's just to keep you from getting it without a headache) you may wind up creating a big ass headache.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's that thing, I'm in no rush what so ever. She's the one with the ticking clock. She'll fight it no matter what, so I really don't care. Like I said, she can't do anything with it, she won't use it, doesn't even know where the fuck it is. If any thing it's hurting her building up her debt.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Something else to keep in mind is where the property will go if she dies.

It would complicate matters to find out she split it 5 ways to her kids or something like that.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
She's got one kid, my cousin, who everyone else basically hates as well. If he got it I don't see it being a big deal, even though he's a fucking rat.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
You'd have to talk to a Wisconsin lawyer, as laws in different states are different.

I can talk to my GF who has done some real estate, but more than likely she'll just tell me she doesn't know Wisconsin law

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Probably $40k if that. Nothing special at all. Land is probably worth more if cabin wasn't there

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

You should make damn sure all these expenses that continue to be unpaid are recorded & maybe even posted in the paper??
At some point they might be able to say we didn't know what expenses we were responsible for??
Why didn't you keep us informed sooner??

POS people seem to be experts at playing stupid and screwing us hard working contributing members of society :(

That little green tag with their signature is a great tool to show the judge when you decide to get them kicked off the title!!!!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
How is the title held? It is a corporation?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oh man... I'd have to find out. It was in 2 names. Then our half got split up. Other half is in tact. I'll see if I can find out

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
GF said Wisconsin definitely has weird property laws

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Greaaaaaattt... Ty though

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
One sales trick is wads of cash. If you see this woman in person, bring $5K in a bundle. Pull it out. Let her handle it. Have a sales contract handy. :smile:

Remind her what she owes if she hesitates. If she says no, present her with a bill for what she owes and tell her she needs to catch up with the other owners. Then take the $5K out of her hand.

I'm just joking with this but it might work.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea, if I had that laying around I don't even think I'd offer that much... I really just want to pressure her to give it up, and if it rakes a war of waiting while her debts stack up, I guess I'm waiting.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Is she well known in her little world???
If she's a big busy body, center of attention, maybe seeing a legal notice every week telling the world she's a dead beat will get her attention??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom