TCG & IRL Present: The Nostalgia Series, Run What Ya Brung | Friday, June 9th @ GLD

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Run what ya brung. Remember those days? No laundry list of rules. No 13 classes of races to choose from. You showed up, you had an idea of what the other guy ran but it basically came down to the car and the driver. That is what the Nostalgia Series (trademark pending) is all about.

Show up with whatever tire, whatever adder, whatever interior. We don't care. Just don't run faster than 10.6 or 8.9. Race your way to victory with a perfectly dialed in car or gamble with a hustle. Relive those nights spent racing at the track and just having fun.

Note: IF for any reason we can't finish both classes during the rental, we can finish once the track opens to the public (free of charge). This shouldn't be necessary but we have that in our pocket if needed.

image-1.jpg

10.6 Class Information ($50 Buy-In):

24 Car Field

$2400 pot, winner take all

****RULES****
  • Standard Tree, Red Light is considered a loss.
  • If you run faster than a 10.6, you will be disqualified**
  • Breakout rule applies to the final as follows: Car that broke out the most would be disqualified.
  • Redlight comes prior to a E/T Breakout therefore the Redlight would be considered the loss.
  • Cross in front of the car in the opposing lane = instant loss
- Chips will be labeled with a number 1-12 with a letter "L" or "R" which signifies the left lane or right lane. The 10.6 Class will be in the long staging lanes and we will have cones set out with these numbers on them. You draw your chip, we mark it down, then jump in your car and head to your cone in the staging lanes.

- Drivers meeting will take place 1 hour after after test and tune begins, we are hoping that will begin by 10am which would mean drivers meeting by 11am if that happens. Immediately following the drivers meeting drivers will be asked to get there cars and head to the staging lanes. Once staging is completed, we will pause T&T and run through the 8.9 class with 10.6 immediately following.

- I'm going to slow things down a bit with the races. I do not want anyone starting their burnouts until the thumbs up is given and a winner of the previous race was confirmed by the tower.

- 30 minutes of cool down time will be given to the 10.6 class in-between rounds and 45 minutes will be given to the 8.9 Class.

Nice and simple, If you feel anything else needs to be covered, leave a comment.

1685134004646.png

8.9 Class Information ($100 Buy-In):

10 Car Field

$1200 pot, winner take all

****RULES****
  • Standard Tree, Red Light is considered a loss.
  • If you run faster than a 8.9, you will be disqualified**
  • Breakout rule applies to the final as follows: Car that broke out the most would be disqualified.
  • Redlight comes prior to a E/T Breakout therefore the Redlight would be considered the loss.
  • Cross in front of the car in the opposing lane = instant loss
- Chips will be labeled with a number 1-4 with a letter "L" or "R" which signifies the left lane or right lane. The 8.9 Class will be in the short staging lanes and we will have cones set out with these numbers on them. You draw your chip, we mark it down, then jump in your car and head to your cone in the staging lanes.

- Drivers meeting will take place 1 hour after after test and tune begins, we are hoping that will begin by 10am which would mean drivers meeting by 11am if that happens. Immediately following the drivers meeting drivers will be asked to get there cars and head to the staging lanes. Once staging is completed, we will pause T&T and run through the 8.9 class with 10.6 immediately following.

- I'm going to slow things down a bit with the races. I do not want anyone starting their burnouts until the thumbs up is given and a winner of the previous race was confirmed by the tower.

- 30 minutes of cool down time will be given to the 10.6 class in-between rounds and 45 minutes will be given to the 8.9 Class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rental is still $80. This is on top of that. Send Lock in money ($50/$100) via:

Please include a note with the following, "Name or Username & What Car you are driving"

PayPal:

paypal.me/TimLeslie24 (Friends and Family ONLY)

Venmo:
@ Tim-Leslie-6

Zelle:
[email protected]

View attachment 163972

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Hat Races Sponsored by:

Autowerks Performance - $100 for 10.6 Class
Hangar Hideout - $250 for 10.6 Class
Mook - $150 for 10.6 Class
RAM Auto & Tire - $250 for 10.6 Class
Satera - $250 for 10.6 Class
Shawn1112 Shawn1112 - $100 for 10.6 Class / $100 for 8.9 Class
The Mohawk Foundation - $100 for 10.6 Class / $100 for 8.9 Class

10.6 Racer List:

1. 5 550iBernina - PAID
2. Camaro_Ray Camaro_Ray - PAID
3. SRT41320 SRT41320 -PAID
4. IG - stealth_b9 - PAID
5. Every_other_911 Every_other_911 - PAID
6. IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin -PAID
7. Sprayin Sprayin
8. Satera_Tuning Satera_Tuning - PAID
9. Alex K - Supra - PAID
10. IG- red_mk7r_um - PAID
11. Reech_Hangar Hideout Reech_Hangar Hideout - PAID
12. Darek P (GT500) - PAID
13. Konrad P (CTS-V) - PAID
14. BOTTLEFED BOTTLEFED (Doug/Mustang) - PAID
15. FIST TAGTA FIST TAGTA - PAID
16. IG - lewydeeayy - PAID
17. Mike Greco - PAID
18. IG - Boosted_347 - PAID
19. IG - quintenburnes - PAID
20. IG - BlackMAMBA - PAID
21. IG - tung.mkv - PAID
22. IG - drivewire - PAID
23. Angelo Pequeno - PAID

First round call outs for 10.6:

Angelo Pequeno vs IG - f_8ey

----------------------------------------------------------------

8.9 Racer List:

1. IG - drivewire - PAID
2. barkingspud barkingspud - PAID
3. IG - e92_rani - PAID
4. Kenny Zachman - PAID
5. Satera_Tuning Satera_Tuning - PAID
6. IG - mkv_zupr4 - PAID
7. IG - evolutionofspeed - PAID
8. IG - a90_nojz - PAID

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Hello Gentleman, now that we have consolidated to a single hat race, we have expanded this race from 12 to a 18 car field. Also, a key note, we have moved from a Standard Tree to a Pro Tree.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know!

Aug 25, 2020
5 550iBernina Camaro_Ray Camaro_Ray Every_other_911 Every_other_911 I made this change and you guys already paid, if you have any reservations to me making this change please either comment or reach out to me directly. Trying to spice the slow car race up a bit now that we have consolidated to a single race.
Thanks for looking for input. I mean we can do what the group wants. But pro tree puts me and maybe other dct folks at a disadvantage. There’s a delay between lifting off the brake and accelerating. That’s just how the pdk and dsg transmissions work. Being able to time our launch with a regular tree helps drivers of those cars compensate for the delay.

To put in simpler terms, even if my foot has a perfect reaction time to the tree, I’d still lose out to another guy who’s foot lifted exactly at the same time as mine. Probably by .1-.2.

Reactions: Teege24

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Mook Mook does the track offer an option of using a .400 vs .500 pro tree? The latter gives a little more time.

Every_other_911 Every_other_911 , Yeah it's a little harder to cut a good light with modern trans but if you think about it on a .500 pro tree once you both are fully staged you should be on the chip and cutting that light is really no different than a sportsman tree.

Camaro_Ray

Oct 17, 2021
5 550iBernina Camaro_Ray Camaro_Ray Every_other_911 Every_other_911 I made this change and you guys already paid, if you have any reservations to me making this change please either comment or reach out to me directly. Trying to spice the slow car race up a bit now that we have consolidated to a single race.
I’m good with the change.. I definitely know I’ll loose now but still ok with it ??????

Reactions: Teege24

Thread Info