TCG & IRL kick of the 2022 season | Friday, May 13th GLD Track Rental | Test & Tune

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Milwaukee had no rain at all. Heading back thru Racine now.

2350EBDA-D2EB-4CD1-974A-3C1988DEC18D.jpeg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I need to apologize once more, because there was the idea of calling the event last night and I pushed to not do it. I was feeling confident we were gonna be ok and obviously that was a really bad judgement call. I realize many people are upset today and thats primarily on me, and I own it.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
I need to apologize once more, because there was the idea of calling the event last night and I pushed to not do it. I was feeling confident we were gonna be ok and obviously that was a really bad judgement call. I realize many people are upset today and thats primarily on me, and I own it.

Gotta quit being so hard on yourself. (Hard to do, I know) Anybody that prepped for this event to happen today should have known the risk they were taking with the weather.

It’s not your fault that the weather is unpredictable.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Gotta quit being so hard on yourself. (Hard to do, I know) Anybody that prepped for this event to happen today should have known the risk they were taking with the weather.

It’s not your fault that the weather is unpredictable.
It needed to be said, for reasons I wont get into.

Reactions: Milhouse

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
FWIW, I am perfectly fine with the last minute call to cancel. Based on what I was looking at (weather data) before I went to bed I'd have wagered on going this morning, just as it was called last night.

I did as much prep and loading last night as I felt I was willing to do, knowing it might be called off, or how long it would take me to finish this AM and planned for it. The time it will take me to unload the bike and put away gear/tools/clothing/etc pales in comparison to a drive to GLD and back, likely in the rain.

I might be in the minority where my job and supervisor allow me to make last minute changes to my work schedule with taking a vacation day. Frankly, I wasn't looking forward to low to mid 50's damp racing, and might just not have gone. I speak differently as I am running a bike, and only a bike, which doesn't take kindly to wheel slippage. Looking at next week's forecast is already increasing my anxiety to go. Much warmer with less chance of precipitation.

Reactions: Milhouse

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010

No reason to apologize! It was looking better as the day went on! I went to bed around 3am and it was still dry. Woke up at 6:30 and it was a whole different story. If I wasn’t traveling for work I’d 100% be at the rain date

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Shit happens dude, 2 things in life you cant control, the weather and death. As M Milhouse said, it was a risk doing this due to weather.
Dont beat yourself up over it

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
That's just how it goes for any outdoor event planned in advance. If you would have cancelled it yesterday afternoon and today ended up dry, people would be upset. You can't please everyone. No matter what, someone will always find reason to complain.

It's one reason why I've really dialed back my involvement in event planning for CMC. It gets old and tiresome hearing complaining about things out of your control.

Thread Info