• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

TCG House vote: HB3390 - Mixed feelings

Place your vote

• YAY - support this bill

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • NAY - DO NOT support this bill

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No position, spineless waste of flesh

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
imma jellyfish dis

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
Why is that the fault of a victim ie the gun owner who was robbed? Yet Illinois has the propensity to let criminals off easy with gun charges.

I suppose it's a red flag when you've had 3 separate incidents occur in only a couple years.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why is that the fault of a victim ie the gun owner who was robbed? Yet Illinois has the propensity to let criminals off easy with gun charges.
But is it a good idea or not? Seems to me, theft is an easy way to create a bulk straw purchase situation that you can just walk away from, completely unscathed. I don't like that loose end sitting out there. If you've been robbed 3x in 2 years and lost a firearm in the process, you either need to move, or you need to secure your weapons better... or both.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
I'm cool with it. mainly bacuse people are selling the guns illegally and reporting them stolen, plus if youre that much of an idiot to have you firearm stolen 3 times then oh well.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
But is it a good idea or not? Seems to me, theft is an easy way to create a bulk straw purchase situation that you can just walk away from, completely unscathed. I don't like that loose end sitting out there. If you've been robbed 3x in 2 years and lost a firearm in the process, you either need to move, or you need to secure your weapons better... or both.
I agree it does seem like 3 incidents is excessive but wouldn't this be a red flag anyway that would warrant investigation and potential prosecution into straw man purchasing? Also, do we know if that is in fact the way this happens currently with those that are buying guns for others? What is the data to backup that this has anything to do with criminal behavior and not just being in a terrible town that suffers higher rates of burglary.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I don't like anything that strips away rights, but, I do see the merit in this... Like said, if your shit is getting stolen that often you need to reevaluate some things.

I vote YAY, as any RESPONSIBLE gun owner should not have to worry about such things.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
You have a big problem on your hands if someone steals multiple guns from you 3 times in two years, I could see maybe your a dumb ass and leave one visible in your car, broken window gun gone, but that dosent happen twice you learn your lesson, personally I think we already have more than enough gun laws, but I could see this preventing a small amount of guns hitting the streets of Chicago

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with it in theory for the reasons you list. I would have a problem if it were three items taken, but three separate incidents means there's something funny going on there.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I also doubt they will follow through with the investigation into multiple thefts, sounds good but there not going to hire someone for that job, and joe gangbanger can get multiple illegal weapons charges and no prison time anyway so really what’s the point

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I vote nay.

If they add "and those stolen firearms are used in the commission of a crime" then I say yay.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
I'm ok with this. If you have 3 stolen, or "lost", in a 2 year period, something is wrong.
At that point you are not responsible enough to own one.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s a slippery slope giving them anything as it’s never enough, but I can see the purpose behind this one.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
I don't like anything that strips away rights, but, I do see the merit in this... Like said, if your shit is getting stolen that often you need to reevaluate some things.
Maybe it is someone that wants to move out of a shitty neighborhood but cannot. Thus stuck in a place that gets robbed? You would be surprised at how many people DONT want to live in the ghetto but have to.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Maybe it is someone that wants to move out of a shitty neighborhood but cannot. Thus stuck in a place that gets robbed? You would be surprised at how many people DONT want to live in the ghetto but have to.
By reevaluate I didn't say move out of your dogshit neighborhood, I said reevaluate your decisions, such as leaving it not under lock and key. Buy a better safe. Bolt it to the floor. I didn't say move out of the ghetto, but, if you want to own a gun responsibly, you need to be able to pay the price to be able to secure it. I live in a safe, quiet neighborhood and I still don't leave anything to chance. Even the shitty $279 field and stream safes take a two man team 45+ minutes to break into with power tools and no two bit ghetto thief is breaking into a place with an oxy acetylene setup.

Think of it like insurance is to owning a car. It's a secondary expense that's incurred due to your choice to own a motor vehicle.

$300 safe, $250 NEST. Call the police when your phone goes off that there's movement inside. Excuses are like assholes.

Fish

Reaction score
By reevaluate I didn't say move out of your dogshit neighborhood, I said reevaluate your decisions, such as leaving it not under lock and key. Buy a better safe. Bolt it to the floor. I didn't say move out of the ghetto, but, if you want to own a gun responsibly, you need to be able to pay the price to be able to secure it. I live in a safe, quiet neighborhood and I still don't leave anything to chance. Even the shitty $279 field and stream safes take a two man team 45+ minutes to break into with power tools and no two bit ghetto thief is breaking into a place with an oxy acetylene setup.

Think of it like insurance is to owning a car. It's a secondary expense that's incurred due to your choice to own a motor vehicle.

$300 safe, $250 NEST. Call the police when your phone goes off that there's movement inside. Excuses are like assholes.
You can take all the precautions you want. If someone wants your shit, they are taking it. Deterrents can only hold for so long.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Find a gun range that has storage lockers you can rent. I refuse to accept that allowing something to be stolen from you three times within a two year period is 100% out of your control.

Fish

Reaction score
A gun range locker for a SD gun? Whats the point?

You refuse to accept that people get robbed in shitty neighborhoods 3 times in 2 years? I refuse to think mayonnaise tastes good, but others disagree with me.

Outlaw

Reaction score
A legitimate long gun safe weighs north of 500#'s and can be bolted to the floor. Ever watched a video of guys trying to get into a GOOD safe? It's hilarious.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I don't refuse to accept it, I refuse to accept that there aren't measures you could take to severely decrease the chance of them being able to get away with it. If someone doesn't have enough money to purchase said things, that's a different story.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't even know if I agree with that. If they cannot secure their weapons properly, they maybe should buy the proper equipment to secure them, THEN purchase a firearm? :dunno:

Outlaw

Reaction score
I don't even know if I agree with that. If they cannot secure their weapons properly, they maybe should buy the proper equipment to secure them, THEN purchase a firearm? :dunno:
You have to have proof of insurance to buy a car from most dealers :dunno:

Fish

Reaction score
Are you guys really going this route? Do we have to show a "safe" way to store a gun in order to buy one now? Comparing the second amendment to owning a car? Am I really in the twilight zone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom