📊 Poll TCG, Help Mook and I Settle An Argument

Wheels. Good? Or, ehhhhh.

• That's hot fire, and may I also say you have good taste, sir.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Mook is actually right about this one, because he is also cheap and terrible.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • You both suck, and I'll never get the time back I spent reading this thread. Good day.

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So at work today I was bored and trying to avoid working, and so I casually shot Mook Mook a text w/ a couple pics of some wheels I've been becoming increasingly interested in and asked him what he thought. Boy did I get what I asked for.

First, the wheels in question. VMR V705's in Bronze Burst color variety.

tumblr_nii0o9VpAE1tq59jho1_640.jpg

vmr-wheels-v705-bronze-burst-18-bmw-2series-f22-m235i-001.jpg

What I first got back as a reply, was a gif that clearly expressed his immediate displeasure of them. When I asked him to use his words, he said..............hang on. Lemme put my reading glasses on and pull up the transcript here, I don't want to get this wrong.

tenor.gif

He said, "Looks like something that belongs on a car from the early 2000s". He THEN went on to say, "I honestly think it looks cheap and terrible"

And then he called me a bitch for some reason. I mean, what the hell, thats just not necessary.

So I turn it over to you, TCG, because I know you are all clear and level headed thinkers, and I respect each and every one of your opinions.

Unless they differ from my own.

So

attachment.php

attachment.php

tumblr_nc0l5n6TaG1tq59jho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_naj48zvIC41tq59jho1_1280.jpg

giphy.gif

**Poll added for dramatic effect

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Is that the fitment you'll go with if you would order those wheels? It's like a hella safe "don't roll the fenders cause they're rare" fitment, which kinda looks meh. You might as well keep the car stock if you're going to do that. Massive sunkage.

AS for the design, it's not terrible. The colour choice probably isn't the best for red IMO.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Is that the fitment you'll go with if you would order those wheels? It's like a hella safe "don't roll the fenders cause they're rare" fitment, which kinda looks meh. You might as well keep the car stock if you're going to do that. Massive sunkage.

AS for the design, it's not terrible. The colour choice probably isn't the best for red IMO.

I'm definitely not about tucking or slamming this car. Just a moderate drop

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I don’t know the specs on the bmw for fitment, they don’t seem as concave?

I do agree it depends on the car obviously lol.

I will say the 705s look pretty hot on that red 2 because it really shows off the brakes. I’d definitely chose those as stock replacements, but as a dedicated ballin’ set idk, are you taking like 1k+ just on those wheels?

Thread Info