Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Is that ketchup and mayo going on that steak?
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Nothing fancy but did a couple thick cut pork chops with the sous vide on Friday. We all know the sous vide is great for steak, but I think it really shines with pork chops.

I had a late Microsoft Teams meeting Friday evening while working for home. The gf and I were hungry but we didn't feel like going out. I tossed a couple pork chops in the sous vide at 138 degrees for just short of 2 hours. Once I finished my meeting, I pulled them from the sous vide and dried them. Then hit them with a little salt and some store bought rub and seared them on my grill's infrared burner for 1.5 minutes per side. They turned out so good and were the absolute easiest thing to cook with little to no prep time.

20230915_185246.jpg

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
If I didnt have about 75lbs of Kingsford in my shed, I would try this out. I dont want to try it, like it better than Kingsford and then not use the 75lbs I have lol.

b00sted b00sted have you used it in a smoker or just on a grill?

I've used it in both. I think it really shines in the smoker since it just seems to impart a better overall flavor. You can tell just by the smell of the smoke - it smells more like actual wood, where Kingsford has always had more of a unique charcoaly smell to me.

It works well in the Weber Kettle too. Seems to burn hotter and produces less ash.

Thread Info