Love dem drum sticks

20221113_132615.jpg

20221113_133214.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sous vide is an awesome way to cook beef roasts including chuck. Just salt to sous vide it and then pepper before the sear.

If you want to cook them a different way, salt and pepper is always good. You can add garlic and onion powder if you want different flavors. Lawry's seasoning salt is good, too.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Interesting. I have a few chuck roasts in my freezer and have no idea what to do with them. How’d you season them?
Dry brined overnight with Kosmos Q hot cow cover. I've been using hot sauce as a binder lately on chuck roasts and like the bite it adds to it.

I treat them kind of like a brisket. Smoke until im satisfied with the bark, normally happens around 170 degrees internal. Then wrap with some tallow and cook until tender, normally 200ish internal temp. Rest in a cooler for atleast an hour.

You can push the internal temp a bit higher and rest in oven at low setting for a couple hours and make pulled beef.

Could also do burnt ends with it. Malcolm reed did a really good video on the youtubez on it.

Leftovers always make great nachos.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Dry brined overnight with Kosmos Q hot cow cover. I've been using hot sauce as a binder lately on chuck roasts and like the bite it adds to it.
Although I love 2 Gringos rubs, I bit the bullet and just ordered some Kosmos Q as I always see you mention it.
I ordered the Dirty Bird, Dirty Bird Hot, Cow Cover, Cow Cover Hot, and Killer Bee. My Wife is going to be like WTF when it comes. I have a ton of rubs and spices and no room for more lol.

Thread Info