Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was showing homes after I put the pork in a cooler to rest and Amy shredded it before I got home. It's good pulled pork. I prefer the Sweet Rub O' Mine I usually use better than the Meat Church. Sweet Rub is sweeter while Meat Church is more salt and peppery. The Meat Church benefits greatly from adding BBQ sauce at the end while the Sweet Rub O' Mine stands on its own or can have sauce added. I would have used Meat Church Honey Hog if I had any but all I had was the Holy Cow and it's more beef oriented. If I use the Holy Cow on pork again, I'll add some brown sugar to it.

Sweet-Rub-O-Mine-BBQ-Rub-475x475.png
meatchurchblue1_819x.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Per the Shrimpy thread, I made it for dinner today. So much butter. So much pepper but they don't overpower the flavors. I used salted butter and still needed to add some finishing salt. The shrimp is great while the rolls dipped in the seasoned butter are Deeeeeelicious. I drizzled the sauce and shrimp with lemon although it's not in the pics.

NyXg0lT.jpg

9cw8IOa.jpg

mKLnK4W.jpg

1BzMK5J.jpg

Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Per the Shrimpy thread, I made it for dinner today. So much butter. So much pepper but they don't overpower the flavors. I used salted butter and still needed to add some finishing salt. The shrimp is great while the rolls dipped in the seasoned butter are Deeeeeelicious.

NyXg0lT.jpg

9cw8IOa.jpg

mKLnK4W.jpg

1BzMK5J.jpg
I want to see more of that Brazilian steak (started with a “C”) you made. That looked so good.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Picanha? I'll make it again sometime. I like to experiment with new recipes and get bored with them after I make them a couple times.

The Shrimpy would make an awesome party appetizer or meal. It's not difficult except for the tediousness of deveining the shrimp.
Yeah, that’s the stuff. Starts with “C”, has “c” in it. I was close ?

• Haha
Reactions: Flyn

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Do you use the water pan on the WSM with every cook? Been reading some people complaining that your basically steaming your food by using it.
Didnt make sense to me, just gathering your thoughts.
I do on brisket. Id disagree about steaming. My briskets have no problem developing nice bark around 6 hours in. They would easily dry out unattended, even with a full water pan. Theres a Mad Scientist bbq youtube video that explains waterpans that convinced me to use them most of the time.

Times I'll elect not to use water in the pan are things like a large pork butt because i prefer a crunchy bark and in my experience has enough fat to keep from drying out. Also pork ribs, where i will attentively be watching to devolope bark and wrap.

Thread Info