Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Deep fried one turkey, grilled the other. Deep fried wins easily. Both turkeys were juicy with crispy skin but the deep fried turkey easily won the tenderness battle.

S5gbdYO.jpg
Santa has a big sack :rofl:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Its meh. Good flavor and cooked good. Got smoke for sure.

But it's not our favorite.

Would've rather 2 thick NY strips or porter houses for $40
I had a kind of similar experience with prime rib early in the year as well. For the price, just didn’t seem worth it. Delicious indeed, but cost to head shaking goodness was not there.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I took one of the turkey carcasses, the two necks and some left over veggies and spices and have been simmering some homemade turkey broth for the last 4 hours. House smells amazing. The broth tastes good enough to put in a glass and drink.

I'm going to strain it and put it in the fridge overnight, remove the fat then put another layer on the flavor by saute'ing a mirepoix in butter, adding the broth, left over turkey, cream and some rice and make cream of turkey rice soup. It's a good way to get rid of some leftovers.

I may add some stuffing and gravy to it but I want to taste it first to see if it would be better with them. Probably will leave them out if it's great without them.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

Thread Info