Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
I have watched a lot of Harry Soo Slap Yo Daddy BBQ. He has some interesting recipes.
I've rethought a lot of what i do because of him. Most of what he does is geared to KCBS grading and a bit too "meat candy" sweet for me, but he wins national 1st place trophies with busted up old WSMs, while his competition is using $3k+ trailer smokers. I like when he refers to backyard bbq and for his "poker buddies". His jail bird chicken rub is incredible, its been my go-to on ribs and pork shoulder. I think the citric acid gives it a ton of punch.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I bought my mom one of those. They're great for people who aren't cooking for a crowd.

So far I love this thing. I got the stand for it as well and will for sure use it as a tailgate/travel grill. Also got the griddle plate for the right side and the adapter to use a larger propane tank. No regrets.

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
SPG and onion powder ribeyes and grilled shrimp.
20200711_183157.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've rethought a lot of what i do because of him. Most of what he does is geared to KCBS grading and a bit too "meat candy" sweet for me, but he wins national 1st place trophies with busted up old WSMs, while his competition is using $3k+ trailer smokers. I like when he refers to backyard bbq and for his "poker buddies". His jail bird chicken rub is incredible, its been my go-to on ribs and pork shoulder. I think the citric acid gives it a ton of punch.
Your using his chicken rub on ribs and shoulders?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yes. Its really good and really versatile. He uses on his ribs.
I ordered some of the rub as your like the 10th person I heard speak about it. Just dipped my finger in it and is it fucking delicious. I cant wait to cook something using that rub. I have parties to go to all weekend so might be next week.

Reactions: MEATeorite

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I ordered some of the rub as your like the 10th person I heard speak about it. Just dipped my finger in it and is it fucking delicious. I cant wait to cook something using that rub. I have parties to go to all weekend so might be next week.
I like his beef rub, just ordered the jail bird cant wait to try it.

Thread Info