Ugh, yep
20200322_210946.jpeg
20200322_212153.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I can't figure this bitch out. Boneless just under 4lbs, been cooking for 11 hours at 225-250 and still 180. I pulled it and I will see what the result is. I need a fancy instant read digital thermometer.

Could be delicious, could be dry and terrible. I give up at this point. It needs to rest another 30 min and I will try to shred it as I need to get my ass to bed.

20200322_220457.jpg

Reactions: MEATeorite

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I can't figure this bitch out. Boneless just under 4lbs, been cooking for 11 hours at 225-250 and still 180. I pulled it and I will see what the result is. I need a fancy instant read digital thermometer.

Could be delicious, could be dry and terrible. I give up at this point. It needs to rest another 30 min and I will try to shred it as I need to get my ass to bed.

View attachment 53671

So it experienced a stall?

Did you wrap it in butchers paper or aluminum foil Ala "Texas Church"?

What about usinf Sous Vide to finish the cook?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
So it experienced a stall?

Did you wrap it in butchers paper or aluminum foil Ala "Texas Church"?

What about usinf Sous Vide to finish the cook?

It definitely hit a stall around 150ish. I did think about wrapping it up, which I might do next time. But, I was wanting a really nice bark on it so I opted not to. The rub and smoke are delicious on it, so that was at least a plus.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I hear what you are saying with the bark. I know with the foil they say use fluid to help. That would have an effect on that harder bark.

I am a beginner and have had mix luck with getting past the stall. Just looking to see what people do to get past the stall.

I think I will really just plan for a lot of time the next long smoke I do and let the meat take as long as the meat needs. I didnt throw the roast on until 11am and also didnt have enough extra pellets to do a super long smoke. I do plan to do a brisket at some point, so that will be another challenge. I am also very new to smoking

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I ground up around 13 lbs. of the brisket/chuck combo. Going to grill some burgers for dinner. So far, I noticed this ground beef doesn't have the juices that Sam's ground beef does. I wonder if they add water to theirs?

Texture is awesome. I need to buy a burger press so I can press out the burgers before freezing them. Amazon sells the little squares of waxed paper that go in between the burgers, too.

Here's the 2nd grind in progress. I used the large hole attachment for the first grind and the smaller hole attachment for the 2nd grind.

Sorry about the pic. Amy held the phone upright rather than turning it sideways.

6RFRKF2.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg

View attachment 53671

that has a nice bark, but if you were looking to shred it, needs more time to break down all the collagen. I smoke alot of chuck roasts unfoiled (for dat bark) and they all cook differently. For shredded, I usually pull it once they hit 203 IT and let it rest for at least 30 mins. Could be 8 hours, could be 16 lol. Lately I've been firing the smoker up the night before, and start the cook overnight to have enough time. If its done well before dinner, I double foil it, wrap it in towels and toss in a good cooler. Stays piping hot for hours.

Reactions: SleeperLS

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I ground up around 13 lbs. of the brisket/chuck combo. Going to grill some burgers for dinner. So far, I noticed this ground beef doesn't have the juices that Sam's ground beef does. I wonder if they add water to theirs?

Texture is awesome. I need to buy a burger press so I can press out the burgers before freezing them. Amazon sells the little squares of waxed paper that go in between the burgers, too.

Here's the 2nd grind in progress. I used the large hole attachment for the first grind and the smaller hole attachment for the 2nd grind.

Sorry about the pic. Amy held the phone upright rather than turning it sideways.

6RFRKF2.jpg
. Holy shit I didn't know they had a meat grinder attachment.

Reactions: radioguy6

Thread Info