Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Some of the best potatoes to make on the grill...chop up about 5 medium sized potatoes, 1yellow onion and throw it in a tin foil packet. Put some butter, salt, pepper, drizzle of olive oil, and sprinkle the top with chopped garlic out of a jar (a lot of garlic is good IMO). Seal that packet up and put it on indirect heat on the grill. Give it 20-30 depending on heat and amount of ingredients and enjoy some deliciousness. Direct heat can be used for some browner/crispier potatoes. My old lady loves this recipe.

I do that one all the time. It makes awesomely awesome taters.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
I love beef.... Found this recipe for basically beef stew with.... Beer..

Wife has it going now
gyhynydy.jpg

ejyhabas.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
synumyja.jpg

e5yva6u8.jpg
va3a2ybu.jpg

14oz t-bone. rubbed with seasoned salt, fresh ground pepper, heavy coat of garlic powder. Seared it on one side, flipped and tossed a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.

Steamed broccoli and Kernel season's nacho cheddar seasoning. They make this in a ton of flavors, it's great on a ton of different food, and it's only 2cal/serving.

nom'ing the fuck out of this steak

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
The girlfriend and I decided to mix things up a bit the other night and grill some T-bone steaks up, rather than our usual ribeye and NY strip steaks. They were quite good, but there's definitely a reason why we stick with ribeye! Ribeye simply has so much more flavor, more juicy, tons less gristle, and more tender than a T-bone! There simply wasn't even a comparison. I guess I had forgotten that, since it has been years since I last had T-bone.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I do have a smoker. I use it if I have too much food for the Weber or if my kids aren't going to be eating with us. They prefer the milder flavor of the Weber compared to the stronger smoke flavor of the smoker. I will keep sneaking wood pouches into the Weber and, hopefully, develop their tastes for smoked meat.

I thought the ribs turned out good this time. I trimmed the slabs, removed the membranes and used Dizzy Dust for a rub on top of olive oil. Cooked them four hours at 225*. At the end, the "bend" test worked perfectly for three out of four of the slabs. The fourth was just a bit behind the rest. I brushed with Bone Suckin' Sauce and cranked up the heat. A couple minutes on each side and the results are shown in the bottom pic.

Only thing I need to do is figure out how to beat the hot spot I have from the one burner being on during the cook. I can do three slabs with none of them over the hot spot. With four, I have to rotate. What I need is a longer water pan.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
Dizzy dust is my new favorite and I have been putting it on a lot meat. I wouldn't buy Bone Sucking rub again but haven't tried their sauce. I really like Blues Hog original for sauce and haven't bought anything else since I found it. The ribs look good. I am used to seeing more bark on them but I use a smoker. What smoker do you have?

Thread Info