Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ujave5ys.jpg

picked this guy up today. $77 on amazon. George foreman electric grill. I can keep this right on my dock at the harbor to grill up some grub after a day out on the lake

you use this yet?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
you use this yet?

used it last night for the first time. It's no substitute for propane or charcoal but works well enough. It was cold and windy, I suspect it'll perform better when it's not gusting 40mph on the lake. brats took 30min to get a good char which is way too long. had some chili lime chicken patties from trader joes that were done in about 15min.

I think it's just a matter of surface area touching the food with electric. setting a burger press on top of the brats prob would have cut the cook time in half.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Did the first run with the smoker on Sat. I made baby backs, spare ribs, rib tips and a pork shoulder. (injected the night before). Used cherry chips for smoke.

Overall, it took most of the day but was well worth it. (The digital thermometer on the smoker was about 20 degrees cooler so I had to adjust half way through...glad I had a good old fashion oven thermometer.)

Baby Backs
BBQ1.png

Spare Ribs and Tips
BBQ2.png

Pulled Pork (Phone didn't save the pic when it came off the smoker :( The bark was :james:)
BBQ3.png

Overall, took 10 minutes to clean this thing up. Wasn't too bad since I had HD foil on the drip pans.
BBQSmoker.png

Thread Info