Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I used beef broth for my injection and also added some Apple wood to the Weber last night. Broke my syringe this time on the fat cap. Time to buy a new one. Had that one a loooong time.

I gotta find a new place to get the briskets, though. I get them at Walmart because they have the full "Packer" version with both the Flat and the Point. Problem is they only have "Select" grade meat. I'd prefer Choice or better.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
My buddy Is selling this. 150

ezyqyhyv.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
My buddy Is selling this. 150

ezyqyhyv.jpg

Just bought one of those over the weekend. Can't wait to see how much better meat will be cooked on it!

You guys have any suggestions for which charcoal/wood to use? I simply stood around the charcoal section at menard's until I saw an older gentleman make his decision after careful consideration, then took the same kind he chose. :rofl:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So... let's say you're having a BIG BBQ and serving a ton of people. Say, you know... like a fire tornado party... What's your fav foods to BBQ? If you have ideas for me, I'd love to have links to recipes! :D

finger foods are best for a big group. chicken drumsticks, kabobs, burgers, dogs, sah'sage

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
+1. It's easier to cook simple things for large groups, especially items like burgers/brats/dogs that can be thrown on the grill as needed. They don't require the smoking time that ribs or brisket do or the cost to purchase of things like steak.

If you want to make it special, you can include a fish choice. Salmon/Tilapia, etc. cook very fast.

Morepower4me

Perma Newb
May 22, 2014
Elgin
To the grill masters - How do I get my chicken not to stick to the grill?

I just bought my 1st grill (a cheapie gas one with normal metal grates & no temp gauage) and the chicken tasted great, but left a lot of skin on the grill. It had a marinade & they were chicken breasts.
I brushed the grate beforehand with Olive oil, but it was a few minutes before I put the chicken on. Where did I go wrong?
Should I add a temp gauge?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Make your own marinade and leave out the sugar. Regular sugar burns at low temps. Turbinado sugar tastes the same and withstands heat better.

A spray like Weber/Pam/olive oil will work until it burns off. Be careful if you spray while the grill is lit. Flammable materials and all that.

I'd suggest using a lower temp. Once the chicken sears you should be OK. For chicken I start with a medium temp on my Weber which is around 400*. I may let it get up to 500* once the chicken is browned. I only go "sear" temps for steak.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I did some strip steaks I got from a butcher in Johnstown center, WI on Friday... Covered with a blue cheese melt/spread thing I concocted... So fuggin good. Butter, lil bit of really good mustard, a very lil balsamic and some bread crumbs and then I simmered that stuff together to get it way hot.. Then added blue cheese crumbles slowly and then when I moved the steaks from direct flame, added the spread dealio to the top and let em go.

ezama3yz.jpg

Thread Info