Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I got the whole family coming over tomorrow and emptied out my freezer for Mother’s Day. 5 lb brisket, filet tenderloin, pork butt, and wangs. Starting at 4:00am with brisket and p butt. Hoping for a 2:00pm feast.
IMG_8867.jpeg

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Reactions: HeavyG

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Looks good homie, who made the tamales?
If your putting guac on a hot dog then put it on a tortilla.
Lmfaooo you Mexican AF hahaha ? ❤️

Yes!! True. Hotdog tacos are incredible....we buy hotdogs Buns for the kids as they act Bran Nu to hotdog tacos....it was a little odd putting guac on a bun ?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Lmfaooo you Mexican AF hahaha ? ❤️

Yes!! True. Hotdog tacos are incredible....we buy hotdogs Buns for the kids as they act Bran Nu to hotdog tacos....it was a little odd putting guac on a bun ?
Bro, I have been eating Mexican hot dogs for probably 25yrs lol. At my guys crib I'll throw them on a tortilla with his moms homemade salsa, and guac shit be fire

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL

Iirc he has an electric smoker. If so, kinda hard to fuck it up. But I’m with you, I want pics lol
It’s a lump charcoal gravity feed smoker with all the latest doo hickies controlled on phone app. Brisket, Filet, and P Butt came out awesome. Wife carmelized the wings 10 minutes too long still were delish once the sauce was put on. My sis brought extra JJ Fish hot sauce for the wings…yum.
IMG_8871.jpeg
IMG_8874.jpeg
IMG_8872.jpeg
IMG_8878.jpeg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
It’s a lump charcoal gravity feed smoker with all the latest doo hickies controlled on phone app. Brisket, Filet, and P Butt came out awesome. Wife carmelized the wings 10 minutes too long still were delish once the sauce was put on. My sis brought extra JJ Fish hot sauce for the wings…yum.
View attachment 162298View attachment 162299View attachment 162300View attachment 162301
I like how you got a smoker and started putting it to serious work right away. Looks like a lot of good grub coming out of your casa. Nice work man.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
View attachment 162298View attachment 162299View attachment 162300View attachment 162301
But it is an electric smoker, correct? You set the desired temp and it does everything for you. You don’t have to control vents to achieve and maintain a temp, correct?

Food looks delicious

Reactions: GLADIATOR

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
But it is an electric smoker, correct? You set the desired temp and it does everything for you. You don’t have to control vents to achieve and maintain a temp, correct?

Food looks delicious
I Guess it’s like driving a manual transmission vs and automatic transmission. My smoker is noob friendly.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Flavor is definitely sacrificed for ease of use.
That’s what I hear and what has kept me away from them. Although my brother bought that Weber Smokefire (pellet fed) and he swears by it. It’s like $1300 though and not something I want to buy if I’m sacrificing flavor. I’m gonna swing by his house next time he does a brisket or a shoulder. My WSM, isn’t that difficult to control temps for the most part and I always get a shit ton of flavor.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I am in love with my offset smoker. It's more work but the flavors. Oh, the flavors. Done right, the smoke is just the right amount. My wife is even happy with the food and she does not like smoke. I used pecan wood for these.

I smoked these thick cut pork chops at 250*, pulled them at 135* and then seared them on the HOT Weber. I brined them ahead of time and used a BBQ rub and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Ended up at 145*-150* and got a lot of compliments. I have been using the left overs in Cuban sandwiches. Ham, pork thinly sliced, pickles, swiss cheese and a mustard/mayo sauce. Smashed them down with a heavy pan in a cast iron pan with butter to crisp up the Cuban bread. Not bad at all. Next time I will add a mojo sauce for even more flavor. Amy says why add the mojo sauce but you guys know why. LOL Quest for perfection.

20230513_185021.jpg

Thread Info