Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Sanjay Kapoor 90S GIF
Last night was the 2nd time using it and I did notice it burns longer than the lump I always buy from Costco.
Finished up grilling the chicken last night about 5:45ish, went out back to put my grill back in the shed about 9:30 and they were still burning at about 250 degrees. The lump from Costco is usually 3hrs tops with the vents wide open.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Last night was the 2nd time using it and I did notice it burns longer than the lump I always buy from Costco.
Finished up grilling the chicken last night about 5:45ish, went out back to put my grill back in the shed about 9:30 and they were still burning at about 250 degrees. The lump from Costco is usually 3hrs tops with the vents wide open.

burns longer, lower ash, hotter temps, what's not to love.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
What do you do with Chuck

I ended up buying a few of those chuck roasts Yaj Yak Yaj Yak posted. Thanks for the heads up.

One of my favorites with them is braising. They need time at temp to make the cut tender by breaking down the collagen. Then you use the braising liquid to make a flavor packed sauce or gravy. Plus left overs stay moist and taste even better.

This time I got an idea to make a coffee & ancho chili braising sauce from a YouTuber. It gave it a Mexican flavor to it. It made tasty shredded tacos a couple nights this week. I need to play with different flavors in the braising sauce. As this was a pleasant surprise.

Trinten

Regular
TCG Premium
Aug 7, 2018
North Carolina
What grill stone do you use?
Do you use a store bought crust/dough?
If not, would you share your dough recipe?

Normally when I make pizza at home, I'm making Chicago deep dish because the only place I can get one is Rosati's, and that's still an hour away from me, and after I order it how I want, it's an 80 dollar pizza (seriously). But that looks good enough that I would try that out. Plus not heating up the kitchen in the summer.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
What grill stone do you use?
Do you use a store bought crust/dough?
If not, would you share your dough recipe?

Normally when I make pizza at home, I'm making Chicago deep dish because the only place I can get one is Rosati's, and that's still an hour away from me, and after I order it how I want, it's an 80 dollar pizza (seriously). But that looks good enough that I would try that out. Plus not heating up the kitchen in the summer.

My wife makes the dough, I'll inquire with her about the recipe and report back ?

Thread Info