Dough
20230205_152540.jpg

20230205_152613.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Had a crash course in lighting charcoal today. Noob mistakes filled the day but eventually got my propane torch out and got this mofo started. Has to be run two times for about 3 hours total for break in. Finishing up and next week fina give it a shot. Making ribs and a beef tenderloin for the Super Bowl
EA21EECE-C0A1-48D7-85BD-C1D36FA4C049.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Had a crash course in lighting charcoal today. Noob mistakes filled the day but eventually got my propane torch out and got this mofo started. Has to be run two times for about 3 hours total for break in. Finishing up and next week fina give it a shot. Making ribs and a beef tenderloin for the Super Bowl
View attachment 150330
Is that what you do in rich folks neighborhoods, show your new purchase off out front? Do you not have a back yard

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Is that what you do in rich folks neighborhoods, show your new purchase off out front? Do you not have a back yard

U read my mind lol

giphy.gif

It will eventually make it to the backyard when the snow melts. I was out in the garage all afternoon and it was easier to do the break in procedure while I was multi tasking. My one neighbor who smokes seent it and was like…

giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Have you used that brand before? I havent, thats why I'm asking
That fiero sounds enticing... I'd love something like that.

Dude post a thread about that gt350 if you haven't already.

I have such a crazy soft spot for those rigs.

Ya, I enjoy the BBQ stuff so much too lately... This weber summit kettle is just amazing. I seriously started it before 6am today... I haven't added any charcoal and I haven't adjusted the bottom vent. I did two and a half "cups" of jealous devil wood stuff and it's barely used any. It's incredible.

I will be selling my traeger, my summit natural gas Weber which is a project at this point and my cabinet smoker because there's legit no reason to keep em at this point

Turned out super good but I like many, forgot final pics.

What I am super pumped about is to see how much charcoal is left... I feel like there's a lot which makes me more confident in long cooks on this thing with little interaction

Yeah this is incredible. I started out with basically two times this amount of wood.... Thirteen hours before this photo.... It held 225-250 the entire time and even went to 350 towards the end. This jealous devil stuff is a high initial cost but works so well and lasts so long its likely financially worth it even. I'm a true believer for sure.... Especially because it smells good and doesn't have filler.

View attachment 61968

here's another time i posted about it i can't believe it's almost been three years.

Reactions: Shawn1112

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
smoked a stubborn brisket flat in my WSM yesterday. Just a small 6lb'er from costco. Started at 6am @225-250ish. Two long stalls, one around 150ish and then it just sat at 174 for hours. At 5pm I wrapped and cranked heat to get dinner rolling. Still came out moist and tender, but would have been better cooked overnight with a long rest. I also prefer to do briskets unwrapped for maximal bark.

Reactions: Jamesv82

Thread Info