Oct 5, 2012
Love dem drum sticks

20221113_132615.jpg

20221113_133214.jpg

MEATeorite

Addict
Apr 10, 2016
Plano IL
Interesting. I have a few chuck roasts in my freezer and have no idea what to do with them. How’d you season them?
Dry brined overnight with Kosmos Q hot cow cover. I've been using hot sauce as a binder lately on chuck roasts and like the bite it adds to it.

I treat them kind of like a brisket. Smoke until im satisfied with the bark, normally happens around 170 degrees internal. Then wrap with some tallow and cook until tender, normally 200ish internal temp. Rest in a cooler for atleast an hour.

You can push the internal temp a bit higher and rest in oven at low setting for a couple hours and make pulled beef.

Could also do burnt ends with it. Malcolm reed did a really good video on the youtubez on it.

Leftovers always make great nachos.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Dry brined overnight with Kosmos Q hot cow cover. I've been using hot sauce as a binder lately on chuck roasts and like the bite it adds to it.
Although I love 2 Gringos rubs, I bit the bullet and just ordered some Kosmos Q as I always see you mention it.
I ordered the Dirty Bird, Dirty Bird Hot, Cow Cover, Cow Cover Hot, and Killer Bee. My Wife is going to be like WTF when it comes. I have a ton of rubs and spices and no room for more lol.