20220424_054250.jpeg
20220424_054243.jpeg
20220424_054659.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was going to sous vide a pork loin today but Amy wanted it grilled. Used the Venom instead. I butterflied it and used bourbon and brown sugar inside as well as a rub inside and out. Glazed it with a bourbon/butter/dijon/brown sugar sauce. Wrapped it in a few slices of bacon. Because... bacon. Juicy and tasty after I pulled it at 141 and it coasted up to 149.

fII5fNp.jpg

6EJlOaY.jpg

Amy contributed to the cook by giving me something to look at while smoking the loin. She actually baked some potatoes on the Weber Genesis which turned out great as usual. She knows her sides. I also made some homemade coleslaw which went well with the pork.

mmDlDvR.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I did Jambalaya this weekend. Used the grill to cook it. Good flavors with Andouille sausage, rotisserie chicken and shrimp. Made a marinated tomato side with red and green tomatoes from my garden that was the star. Might make some more tomatoes for dinner today. They complimented the brown jambalaya well.

Raz6btO.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Thanks! It's funny because I wanted to use up some tomatoes and then decided on a cajun "brown" jambalaya that doesn't have tomatoes. Had to make the creole mustard/vinegar tomato side to use the tomatoes and they ended up being scarfed up fast by my guests. I toned down the heat on the jambalaya because one of the ladies doesn't like heat so it was good but needed more heat. She still thought it was too spicy, LOL.

Thread Info