Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
At first glance? Expensive, portions too small.

I wanted to try a bunch of things, as I'd never been there. Figuring I'd have some for tomorrow too.

So I got:
1/2lb Brisket
1/2lb Pulled Pork.
1/4lb Texas Sausage lInk (basically one sausage)
Pit Beans.

And because it was staring me in the face? The Breadpudding with Fireball Whisky Caramel sauce.

Almost $50.

Everything but the beans and bread pudding included a healthy helping of Pickles.

I ate the Texas Link, Pulled Pork, and 1/2 the Bread pudding tonight. I'll eat the Brisket, and Beans tomorrow, and the other half of the Bread Pudding.

The Texas link was great, super juicy, with an amazing bite on the casing, some mild heat. The pulled pork was delicious, but included some on the driest white bread I've ever seen, and it soaked up the juices from the pulled pork, which annoyed me. The pork would have been so much better to go if they'd dumped into a container that didn't have anything to absorb the juices.

The bread pudding was good, but not phenomenal. It tasted great, but was overall too dry. The Fireball caramel sauce on top though? Drizzle that straight into my mouth please!!! Fucking delicious.

I tried a bit of the brisket, and think its bland. We'll see tomorrow when I eat the rest of it.

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Waiting for some take out from Chicago Culinary kitchen.

Waiting for some brisket, pork, smoked beans and bread pudding with fireball whiskey caramel sauce

Gone there 4x, only impressed the first time, ever since the brisket has been subpar.

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
Tri tip on the BGE, reverse sear. Used Meat Church Holy Cow.

1634561590844.png

1634561602222.png

1634561611413.png

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Now I'm thinking steak tartare for tomorrow before I pick up Amy. LOL Can I trust Sam's Club frozen steak? Maybe I will hit my butcher shop and get some fresh stuff. OMG, it's so good. I have maybe 1 friend who would eat it if I make it. His wife and Amy won't touch it. What do you guys think?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Now I'm thinking steak tartare for tomorrow before I pick up Amy. LOL Can I trust Sam's Club frozen steak? Maybe I will hit my butcher shop and get some fresh stuff. OMG, it's so good. I have maybe 1 friend who would eat it if I make it. His wife and Amy won't touch it. What do you guys think?

I love a good scoop of raw ground beef with Lawry’s.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My grandpa used to make steak tartare down at the paint and solvent plant he owned before his kids weddings as some sort of weird tradition. The whole situation was bizarre. He called it “raw dog”, and I’m not sure why it was prepared at a chemical plant but I never ate it. Think the last time we did that I was younger than 10.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My grandpa used to make steak tartare down at the paint and solvent plant he owned before his kids weddings as some sort of weird tradition. The whole situation was bizarre. He called it “raw dog”, and I’m not sure why it was prepared at a chemical plant but I never ate it. Think the last time we did that I was younger than 10.
My grandpa used to make cannibal sandwiches. It was basically raw ground beef, mayo and raw onions seasoned then put on a white bread. I never had one but he loved them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Will I make the steak tartare again? Maybe with a different recipe. It was good but not great. A cooked burger would have been better. Live and learn.

I went to the butcher shop today to get some meat for the tartare and they had picanha. I'm cooking that this weekend.

Not sick at all in case you were wondering. Raw meat and egg went down fine.

Thread Info